TORONTO, May 22, 2012 /CNW/ - CPRS National is proud to announce the names of the 34 winners of the 2012 Awards of Excellence. This year, CPRS National received 129 submissions in 13 communication categories. Winners are recognized for their excellence in overall public relations programs within the profession. Gold, silver and bronze recipients will be revealed at the Canadian Public Relations Conference on June 12, 2012 in Victoria, B.C.
"We received a high number of award submissions this year," said Robyn Quinn, APR, Presiding Officer of the National Awards. "Many of our members, and their peers, recognize the value of receiving a CPRS Award of Excellence here in Canada."
The CPRS National Awards of Excellence recognize and celebrate outstanding public relations campaigns, internal and external programs and tactics. Each category designates a gold, silver and bronze winner. Every winner receives a unique, custom glass sculpture.
"Judges continue to be impressed each year by the quality of work our members submit," added Quinn. "Everyone is looking forward to celebrating with all of the deserving winners at the Awards Gala during Currents 2012 in Victoria." The National Conference and Awards Gala are generously sponsored by CNW Group, the official newswire of the Canadian Public Relations Society.
All CPRS National members in good standing are eligible and encouraged to submit an entry. Each submission must have been planned, produced and completed within a period of two years, including the evaluation of the project. The communication programs category has seven different sub-categories. The communication projects category has five different sub-categories. An expert panel of 41 jury co-ordinators and judges from the 14 CPRS member societies evaluated the submissions.
Winners for the 2012 Awards of Excellence include:
- Argyle Communications - Toronto, Ont.
- Barrick Gold Corporation - Toronto, Ont.
- Bombardier Aéronautique - Montreal, Que.
- Broad Reach Communications - Toronto, Ont.
- Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board - St. John's, N.L.
- Citoyen Optimun - Montreal, Que.
- Edelman Public Relations - Toronto, Ont.
- Environics Communications Inc. - Toronto, Ont.
- GolinHarris - Toronto, Ont.
- Hamilton Health Sciences - Hamilton, Ont.
- High Road Communications - Toronto, Ont.
- Kennedy Jones & Sweeney Inc. - Oakville, Ont.
- Ministry of Environment, Drinking Water Management Division - Toronto, Ont.
- MT&L Public Relations - Halifax, N.S.
- NATIONAL Public Relations Ltd. - Toronto, Ont.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan - Toronto, Ont.
- Services de santé Royal Ottawa - Ottawa, Ont.
- SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. - Montreal, Que.
- SPIRE Public Relations - Vancouver, B.C.
- Surrey Memorial Hospital Foundation - Surrey, B.C.
- Thornley Fallis - Toronto, Ont.
- Vancouver Airport Authority - Richmond, B.C.
- WorkSafeBC, Richmond, B.C.
- Zeno Group - Toronto, Ont.
To view the 2012 winners per category, visit cprs.ca. For more information on award winners, the awards program or to arrange an interview, please contact the National Office.
Founded in 1948, the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is a not-for-profit organization whose members are engaged in the practice, management or teaching of public relations. Members work to maintain the highest standards and to share a uniquely Canadian experience in public relations. CPRS is a federation of more than 2,000 members across 14 Member Societies based in major cities or organized province-wide. For more information, visit our website: cprs.ca.
For further information: