TORONTO, May 15, 2013 /CNW/ - The Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is pleased to announce 26 organizations - each one successful in their bid for one of 37 Awards of Excellence. CPRS National received a record high of 138 submissions in thirteen communication categories. Winners are recognized for outstanding public relations programs. Gold, silver and bronze recipients will be revealed during the National Awards Gala at the Canadian Public Relations Conference in Gatineau, QC on June 11, 2013.
"This year we launched our streamlined online award entry and judging process and we expected to see a jump in the number of entrants but this is very exciting," said Robyn Quinn APR, FCPRS, Presiding Officer of the National Awards. "The CPRS Awards are highly regarded throughout the Canadian public relations community, we wanted to make the experience easier for our members to submit their work for recognition."
The CPRS National Awards of Excellence recognize and celebrate exceptional public relations campaigns, internal and external programs and tactics.
"We have winners from coast to coast and from every imaginable sector," added Quinn. "All areas of public relations are well represented by the 2013 finalists. I look forward to celebrating with all of the winners in Gatineau." The CPRS National Conference and National Awards Gala are generously sponsored by CNW Group, a PR Newswire Company, and the official newswire of the Canadian Public Relations Society.
CPRS National members in good standing are eligible and encouraged to submit entries. Each submission must have been planned, produced and completed within a period of two years, including the evaluation of the project. The communication programs category has seven different sub-categories. The communication projects category has five different sub-categories. An expert panel of volunteer jury co-ordinators and judges from CPRS Societies across Canada evaluated the submissions.
Winners for the 2013 Awards of Excellence include:
- Argyle Communications - Toronto, ON
- ATCO Gas - Edmonton, AB
- Babble On Communications Inc. - Toronto, ON
- BC Emergency Health Services - Victoria, BC
- Brown & Cohen - Toronto, ON
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute - Edmonton, AB
- CASACOM - Montréal, QC
- Citizen Optimum L.P. - Toronto, ON
- De Beers Canada - Toronto, ON
- Edelman Canada - Toronto, ON
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec (FMSQ) - Montréal, QC
- GolinHarris Canada - Toronto, ON
- Hamilton Health Sciences - Hamilton, ON
- Kennedy Jones & Sweeney Inc. - Ajax/Oakville, ON
- Massy Forget Langlois relations publiques - Montréal, QC
- McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) - Montréal, QC
- NATIONAL Public Relations Ltd. - Toronto, ON/Halifax, NS
- Paradigm Public Relations - Toronto, ON
- Rogers Media - Toronto, ON
- SAIT Polytechnic - Calgary, AB
- Thornley Fallis Communications - Toronto, ON
- Toronto Hydro Corporation - Toronto, ON
- Toronto Port Authority - Toronto, ON
- Town of Oakville - Oakville, ON
- Town of Okotoks - Okotoks, AB
- Work Zone Safety Alliance with WorkSafeBC - Richmond, BC
View the 2013 winners per category here. For more information on award winners, the awards program or to arrange an interview, please contact the National Office.
Founded in 1948, the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is a not-for-profit organization whose members are engaged in the practice, management or teaching of public relations. Members work to maintain the highest standards and to share a uniquely Canadian experience in public relations. CPRS is a federation of more than 1,800 members across 14 Member Societies based in major cities or organized province-wide. For more information, visit our website: cprs.ca.
SOURCE: Canadian Public Relations Society
For further information:
CPRS National Office