Senior executives will address the future of KYC, financial health and lessons from the U.S.
TORONTO, May 1, 2017 /CNW/ - The Canadian Prepaid Providers Organization (CPPO), the voice of the rapidly growing prepaid payments industry in Canada, today announced the final speakers for the inaugural CPPO Prepaid Symposium on May 23, 2017 at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto. Prepaid cards are a vital component of Canada's digital economy, with $3.1 billion dollars loaded onto American Express, Mastercard and Visa prepaid cards in 2015.
The CPPO Prepaid Symposium is the premier event for prepaid industry professionals or for those looking to understand more about the fastest-growing payment tool in North America.
Eileen Mercier, Payments Canada board chair, is the keynote speaker. Additional speakers include:
- Growth and Adoption of Prepaid Products in Canada: Ben Jackson, Mercator Advisory Group and Lisa Covens, Leger
- Payments Regulations in an Uncertain Economy: Dave Eason, CPPO and Sharissa Ellyn, Norton, Rose, Fulbright Canada
- Payments Innovation: Canada Versus the World: Cyrielle Chiron, RFi Group
- The Future of KYC: Jacqueline Shinfield, Blakes, Cassels & Graydon and Greg Wolfond, SecureKey
- Lessons from the U.S.: How Connectivity Built a Market for the Self-banked: Brad Fauss, NBPCA and Jeff Johnson, NetSpend
- The Business of Financial Health and Inclusion: Susan Herbst-Murphy, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia; Daniel Eberhard, Koho; Anatoly Kvitnisky, Trulioo; and Thea Garon, CFSI
"This half-day symposium will provide attendees a full-spectrum of information and engaging dialogue about prepaid and its role in driving innovative payment solutions," said Felipe Papaleo, general manager, Incomm Canada. "We are pleased to be the presenting sponsor of this event as prepaid has become a vital and growing part of Canada's financial economy."
The presenting event sponsor is Incomm Canada. Additional sponsors include: American Express, Blakes, Cassels & Graydon LLP, Mastercard Canada, Norton Rose Fulbright, The Fletcher Group and Peoples Trust.
For more information and to attend the event, click here.
About The Canadian Prepaid Providers Organization (CPPO)
The CPPO is a not-for-profit organization and the collective voice of the open-loop prepaid payments industry in Canada. It is the only Association solely focused on this growing industry and is focused on awareness and education so that consumers and businesses can have the best experience with these popular products. For further information, visit www.cppo.ca. Connect with CPPO on Twitter and LinkedIn.
SOURCE Canadian Prepaid Providers Organization
For further information: Media Contact: Heidi Weinstein, 714-206-1451, [email protected]