HALIFAX, Oct. 24, 2012 /CNW/ - Bell Aliant Inc. (TSX: BA) is expanding its programming line-up on Community One, Atlantic Canada's community television channel. Premiering this October, viewers will enjoy seven new programs showcasing a mix of technology, business, sports, gaming, travel, entertainment, and interviews with regional personalities. All new programs are free for Bell Aliant FibreOP TV customers and can be found on channel 1 and online at bellaliant.net/communityone.
"Each new TV program gives viewers a fresh and edgy sample of the Atlantic region's unique cultural flavour," says Andre LeBlanc, VP Residential Markets. "We are excited to make the Community One experience even better for our customers and we will continue to roll out new shows and spotlight local issues and events in our region that matter to Atlantic Canadians."
In June, Bell Aliant launched Community One, with two shows: Atlantic Journal and Sessions. Community One's seven unique new programs are:
- The Game Code, produced by Frag Studios and hosted by Stephanie Pelley, is a bi-weekly gaming show covering the latest in the video game industry and profiling Atlantic Canada's gaming community cool events, local businesses and tournament play around the region.
- In Conversation, produced in St. John's, is a bi-weekly half-hour program presenting in-depth, one-on-one conversations with local personalities. Catch host Roger Bill as he interviews special guests like Mary Walsh and Brad Gushue.
- Trekk.it, with Fredericton producer Ryan Groom, celebrates innovations in travel and visits unique destinations around the region. The TV program is based on an app enabling travellers to log and share their explorations online.
- Stephanie Beaumont's popular Sea and be Scene - an entertainment-based, magazine style website - has been showcasing the best of East Coast culture for three years and will now be a bi-weekly show on Community One TV.
- Startup Kitchen is a Fredericton-based show featuring young business entrepreneurs Suhaim Abdussamad and Robert Foley profiling business startups and successful entrepreneurs across Atlantic Canada.
- Elaine Shannon's Simply Zen wellness and lifestyle program from Saint John informs and inspires Atlantic Canadians with ideas to improve physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- Don't miss a moment of the action with Inside University Sports, hosted by Bill McLean. The weekly magazine show profiles teams, coaches, players and fans from all of the universities in Atlantic Canada.
Community One will continue to expand programming and add Video on Demand content as the service grows and develops. It will also showcase community events such as Atlantic Challenge Cup hockey and provincial association music week awards galas. The full Community One calendar is available at promotions.bellaliant.net/TVschedule .
About Bell Aliant
Bell Aliant is one of North America's largest regional communications providers and the first company in Canada to cover an entire city with fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) technology with its FibreOP services. Through its operating entities it serves customers in six Canadian provinces with innovative information, communication and technology services including voice, data, Internet, video and value-added business solutions. Bell Aliant's employees deliver the highest quality customer service, choice and convenience.
SOURCE: BELL ALIANT INC.
For further information: