MONTRÉAL, April 3, 2020 /CNW Telbec/ - Hydro-Québec is announcing new measures to demonstrate its solidarity with Quebecers. We wish to adapt our organization to the new reality created by the COVID-19 pandemic and do our part in the ongoing collective effort.
- Immediate donation of 125,000 face masks to the Québec government.
- Donation of $300,000 to Centraide of Greater Montréal's COVID-19 Emergency Fund to provide support to community groups that are on the front lines. This donation is in addition to our regular contribution to Centraide's annual campaign, which totaled $4 million in 2019. Over the last few days, we have been appealing to the generosity of our employees and pensioners, and they have been stepping up to the plate.
- Donation of $75,000 to the Red Cross in Québec, for its COVID-19 fund, to help it continue its mission and work during this pandemic.
- Continuation of our financial commitments—through donations and sponsorships—that go towards creating positive and sustainable change, whether in the environmental, economic or social spheres, even for events that must be postponed or cancelled given the current situation.
- Acceleration of payment to suppliers (terms reduced from 30 to 15 days) to help support the Québec economy. This measure went into effect on March 24, 2020.
- Cancellation of 2020 pay raises for our managers. Postponed payment of 2019 performance pay for non-unionized employees (part of total remuneration) until the third quarter of 2020.
Previously announced measures
- Indefinite suspension of administration charges for unpaid bills.
- No power interruptions for non-payment over the coming weeks, for both residential and business customers.
- No planned service interruptions for work on the power system.
We have made these decisions by taking into account the extremely difficult financial situation facing many Quebecers. We now wish to focus on our mission: supplying an essential service to the population.
For further information: Hydro-Québec, Affaires publiques et médias, 514 289-5005