LCBO recognizes Corby's outstanding commitment to innovation, social responsibility and customer service
TORONTO, June 10, 2015 /CNW/ - Corby Spirit and Wine Limited (TSX: CSW.A,TSX: CSW.B) won an impressive three awards at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario's (LCBO) 21st annual Elsie Awards, including the coveted 2015 Agent/Supplier of the Year (Imperial) award for large companies. The award distinguishes Corby for going above and beyond over the past year to deliver excellence to customers and in the industry. This is Corby's fourth time being named Supplier of the Year in the last 10 years.
In addition to the Supplier of the Year Award, Corby was also honoured in two other categories:
- Social Responsibility, for #corbysaferides, in which Corby teamed up with the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) to give Torontonians free public transportation on New Year's Eve in 2014.
- Best Special Event, for the "Cupcake Truck Tour", where Cupcake Vineyards toured the country in food trucks offering cupcakes and samples of the cupcake-inspired wine to patrons at each stop.
"Being recognized with three LCBO Elsie Awards is a testament to Corby Spirit and Wine's unrelenting commitment to quality and our continued ability to innovate and differentiate ourselves in the market," said Patrick O'Driscoll, President and CEO, Corby Spirit and Wine. "We're also thrilled to be recognized for #corbysaferides and the Cupcake Truck Tour which helped us to connect with consumers in a unique and engaging way."
Now in its 21st year, the LCBO Elsie Awards recognize suppliers and agents who work with the LCBO to help consumers discover the world of beverage alcohol. Several awards were presented this year in categories covering innovation, product development, marketing, partnership and social responsibility.
The Elsie Awards wins mark the latest in a series of industry recognitions for Corby over the last year.
- In April 2015, Corby was recognized as one of the "50 Best Workplaces in Canada" for the fourth consecutive year by the Great Places to Work Institute.
- In May 2015, Corby and AskingCanadians jointly received a 2015 Confirmit ACE (Achievement in Customer Excellence) Award in recognition of The Corby Panel, an innovative survey feedback tool that helps Corby better target and directly dialogue with consumers.
- In December 2014, Corby was selected as one of Greater Toronto's Top 100 Employers for 2015, in recognition of Corby's exceptional workplace for employees.
- In June 2014, Corby received the Corporate Leadership "Road Safety Achievement" award by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation for its New Year's Eve partnership with the TTC, which raises awareness about drinking and driving.
About Corby Spirit and Wine
Corby Spirit and Wine Limited is a leading Canadian marketer and distributor of spirits and imported wines. Corby's portfolio of owned-brands includes some of the most renowned brands in Canada, including Wiser's®, Lot 40®, and Pike Creek® Canadian whiskies as well as Lamb's® rum, Polar Ice® vodka and McGuinness® and Criollo® liqueurs. Through its affiliation with Pernod Ricard S.A., a global leader in the spirits and wine industry, Corby also represents leading international brands such as ABSOLUT® vodka, Chivas Regal®, The Glenlivet® and Ballantine's® Scotch whiskies, Jameson® Irish whiskey, Beefeater® gin, Malibu® rum, Kahlúa® liqueur, Mumm® champagne, and Jacob's Creek®, Wyndham Estate®, Stoneleigh®, Campo Viejo® and Graffigna® wines. In 2015, Corby was named one of the 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by The Great Place to Work® Institute Canada for the fourth consecutive year, and was also listed among Greater Toronto's Top 100 Employers. Corby is a publicly traded company based in Toronto, Ontario, and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the trading symbols CSW.A and CSW.B. For further information, please visit our website or follow us on LinkedIn.
SOURCE Corby Spirit and Wine Communications
Image with caption: "Corby wins Supplier of the Year at 2015 Elsie Awards (CNW Group/Corby Spirit and Wine Communications)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150610_C3673_PHOTO_EN_17818.jpg
For further information: Amandine Robin, Director, Communications, Public Relations and CSR, Corby Spirit and Wine, Email: Canada.email@example.com, Direct: 416-479-2492