TORONTO, June 23, 2017 /CNW/ - Corby Spirit and Wine Ltd. took home two remarkable awards last week at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario's (LCBO) 2017 Elsie Awards, an annual event that recognizes the industry's best and brightest. In addition to the coveted recognition as Supplier of the Year, which Corby has won twice in the past three years, the company also received the award for Best New Product Launch.
For the past 23 years, the LCBO has hosted the Elsie Awards to recognize suppliers, agents and trade partners that excel in their commitment to innovation, creativity, customer service and social responsibility. The Supplier of the Year award is given to companies for going above and beyond in delivering excellence to customers and in the industry.
"Being recognized as Supplier of the Year once again is a huge achievement for Corby," says Patrick O'Driscoll, President and CEO, Corby Spirit and Wine. "This award is a testament to our fantastic employees, whose passion and collaboration allows us to continually create win-win memorable experiences with our customers."
Corby was awarded Best New Product Launch for its Big House wine-in-a-can innovation, offering consumers a convenient format for enjoying wine at the cottage, camping or music festivals. The Big House wine cans family includes The Birdman Pinot Grigio, Cardinal Zin Zinfandel and this year's most recent release: The Siren Vin Rosé.
"It's exciting to have Big House cans recognized as the Best New Product Launch in Wines," says Ryan Smith, Director of Sales Ontario, Corby Spirit and Wine. "It acknowledges our continuous commitment in bringing innovative products and experiences to consumers across the country."
In addition to the Elsie Awards wins, Corby Spirit and Wine has received a series of industry recognitions over the last year:
- In April 2017, Corby was recognized as one of the "50 Best Workplaces in Canada" for the sixth consecutive year by the Great Places to Work Institute.
- In December 2016, Corby was selected as one of Greater Toronto's Top 100 Employers for 2017, in recognition of Corby's exceptional workplace for employees.
- In January 2017, Corby received prestigious honours at the 2017 Canadian Whisky Awards for Gooderham & Worts, Lot No.40 and J.P. Wiser's, including the Award of Excellence: Innovation for the Northern Border Collection.
- In April 2017, Corby achieved international recognition at the World Whiskies Awards:
- J.P. Wiser's Double Still Rye – Best Canadian Rye
- J.P. Wiser's Hopped – World's Best Flavoured Whisky & Best Canadian Flavoured Whisky
- J.P. Wiser's Dissertation - World's Best Blended Limited Release & Best Canadian Blended Limited Release
- Gooderham & Worts – World's Best Canadian Blended Whisky
About Corby Spirit and Wine
Corby Spirit and Wine Limited is a leading Canadian marketer and distributor of spirits and imported wines. Corby's portfolio of owned-brands includes some of the most renowned brands in Canada, including J.P. Wiser's®, Lot No. 40®, Pike Creek®, and Gooderham & Worts® Canadian whiskies as well as Lamb's® rum, Polar Ice® vodka, McGuinness® liqueurs, and the recently acquired Ungava® gin. Through its affiliation with Pernod Ricard S.A., a global leader in the spirits and wine industry, Corby also represents leading international brands such as ABSOLUT® vodka, Chivas Regal® and The Glenlivet® Scotch whiskies, Jameson® Irish whiskey, Beefeater® gin, Malibu® rum, Kahlúa® liqueur, Mumm® champagne, and Jacob's Creek®, Stoneleigh®, Campo Viejo®, and Kenwood® wines. In 2017, Corby was named one of the 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by The Great Place to Work® Institute Canada for the sixth consecutive year, and was also listed among Greater Toronto's Top 100 Employers for the third time. Corby is a publicly traded company based in Toronto, Ontario, and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the trading symbols CSW.A and CSW.B. For further information, please visit our website or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter (@CorbySW), and Instagram (@CorbySW).
SOURCE Corby Spirit and Wine Communications
For further information: Valerie Brive-Turtle, Director, Communications, Public Relations and S&R, Corby Spirit and Wine, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: (416) 479-2492