OTTAWA, Jan. 15, 2016 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) commenced a federal environmental assessment for the proposed Contrecoeur Port Terminal Expansion Project, located in Contrecoeur, approximately 40 kilometres from Montreal.
The Agency invites the public to comment on which aspects of the environment may be affected by this project and what should be examined during the environmental assessment, as detailed in the draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Guidelines. Following this comment period, the Agency will finalize and issue the EIS Guidelines to the proponent.
This is the second of four opportunities for the public to comment on this project. All comments received will be considered public.
Written comments must be submitted by February 15, 2016 to:
Contrecoeur Port Terminal Expansion Project
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
901-1550 d'Estimauville Avenue
Québec, QC G1J 0C1
Email: [email protected].gc.ca
- The Environmental Impact Statement Guidelines identify the potential environmental effects to be taken into consideration and the information and analysis that needs to be included in the proponent's Environmental Impact Statement.
- More information on this project is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80116.
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
- Contrecoeur Port Terminal Expansion Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Jessica Sobolov, Communications Advisor, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, 613-960-1519, [email protected]