- Aberdeen insiders dodge the real issues and resort to misleading and fabricated personal attacks on the Concerned Shareholders
- Ryan Morris is NOT the subject of a criminal investigation in Mexico and NOT the subject of an SEC investigation, these accusations are complete fabrications
- The Concerned Shareholders' court action continues and if successful will benefit all Aberdeen shareholders
- The court insisted on Aberdeen hiring truly independent counsel to advise the chairman for the upcoming shareholder meeting
TORONTO, Jan. 23, 2015 /CNW/ - Today, funds controlled by Meson Capital Partners LLC ("Meson Capital") and Nightscape Capital (UK) LLP ("Nightscape Capital") that hold shares representing approximately 9% of the issued and outstanding shares of Aberdeen International Inc. (TSX: AAB) ("Aberdeen" or the "Company") correct a number of inaccurate and misleading misstatements made by Aberdeen in desperation as votes continue to come in for the GOLD proxy. Rather than responding with the factual explanations demanded by Aberdeen insider's self-interested ACTIONS, Aberdeen dodges the real issues and resorts to misleading and completely fabricated personal attacks.
Stan Bharti has said that "honesty doesn't always matter" so the Concerned Shareholders urge Aberdeen shareholders to focus on facts rather than inaccurate and misleading statements from the Stan Bharti controlled board of Aberdeen.
- FACT: Ryan Morris is NOT the subject of a criminal investigation in Mexico and NOT the subject of an SEC investigation, as has been falsely stated by Aberdeen management. This is a complete fabrication.
- FACT: The Concerned Shareholders' court proceedings continue. Again, this is contrary to false statements made by Aberdeen management who agreed to defer addressing the oppression claims until after the meeting. Rest assured the Concerned Shareholders are not going anywhere. Aberdeen completed a highly dilutive and value destructive private placement of up to 20 million shares, 100% of which was allocated to insiders and related parties. This was done to try and dilute YOUR vote. The votes from this questionable placement have been segregated for the upcoming shareholder meeting and court proceedings in relation to this matter continue. Shareholders are encouraged to learn more about this highly questionable private placement at: http://www.freeaberdeen.ca/aberdeen-whitepaper/private-placement-facts.
- FACT: As a result of the questionable tactics that continue to be used by Aberdeen, the court required that the chair of the meeting hire truly independent counsel in an effort to bring some degree of integrity to the meeting process. The Concerned Shareholders additionally won all the proxy protocol and inspection issues demanded.
- FACT: Aberdeen is NOT a junior gold mining company, in fact through its history only approximately 30% portfolio investments have been in gold mining companies. Aberdeen misleadingly cherry picks the junior gold miner index (GDXJ) to favorably contrast Aberdeen's stock performance, which has declined 80% since January 31, 2011.
- FACT: The Concerned Shareholders are not proposing a fire sale of assets but instead have a detailed plan to maximize value for ALL shareholders. Unlike the Concerned Shareholders, Aberdeen attempted their own portfolio "fire sale" when they arranged to sell Aberdeen's investment portfolio to Landmark Partners LLC for $29 million in September 2014. This sale price was $13 million lower (or 32% lower) than Aberdeen's stated value for those assets less than one month before the sale was announced. This appears to be the very definition of "fire sale"!
- FACT: Concerned Shareholder nominees can and will convene a board meeting if elected. Again, this is contrary to false statements by Aberdeen.
- FACT: Leading independent proxy advisory research firm ISS recommends shareholders use the GOLD proxy card and vote to REMOVE Stan Bharti from the Aberdeen board.
- FACT: Ryan Morris and Meson Capital have had +250% better investment returns than Aberdeen International and have extensive experience creating shareholder value with active involvement: HearUSA: +206%; InfuSystem: +192%; Sevcon:+52%.
- FACT: The Concerned Shareholders can return $0.15 per share to shareholders and plan to do this immediately. Aberdeen's management's claimed "scorched wallet" costs are primarily the $6.2 million change of control payments insiders are trying to award themselves, which the Concerned Shareholders believe are illegal and are challenging in court. As stated above, court proceedings continue (contrary to false statements made by Aberdeen).
Shareholders must send a clear message to Stan Bharti and the existing Aberdeen board: it's time to focus on facts, not false personal attacks on its own shareholders. Aberdeen shareholders have seen the value of their Aberdeen shares decline by 80% since January 31, 2011 (Fact), Aberdeen insiders have paid themselves $13 million over the same time period (Fact), while Aberdeen insiders gave themselves 9.1 million shares through the "restricted share unit" program for zero cash payment (Fact) and completed a highly dilutive private placement to themselves and related parties in November 2014 (Fact).
Don't be fooled by Aberdeen's spin. It's time to put ALL shareholders' interests first. Shareholders must to vote to remove Stan Bharti and the existing Aberdeen board before it's too late and the remaining value of Aberdeen is siphoned off by insiders to themselves and related parties.
Every vote is important, vote GOLD for change before it's too late.
For assistance and ease with voting your GOLD proxy, please contact D.F. King Canada (toll-free) at 1-800-926-7043 or visit www.freeaberdeen.ca where the GOLD proxy can be easily voted by clicking on the "Vote Now" button.
About Meson Capital Partners LLC and Nightscape Capital (UK) LLP
Established in 2009, Meson Capital is a registered U.S. investment advisor based in San Francisco, USA. Meson Capital is managed by Ryan Morris, a Canadian citizen born in Toronto, Ontario.
Nightscape Capital is an FCA regulated investment advisor based in London, United Kingdom.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Information
Certain information in this press release may constitute "forward-looking information", as such term is defined in applicable Canadian securities legislation, about the objectives and intentions of Meson Capital and Nightscape Capital as they relate to Aberdeen and Aberdeen shareholders and other matters. All statements other than statements of historical fact may be forward-looking information. Material factors or assumptions that were applied in providing forward-looking information, include, but are not limited to, Aberdeen's future growth potential, its results of operations, future cash flows, ability to monetize assets for stated book value, the future performance and business prospects and opportunities of Aberdeen and the current general regulatory environment and economic conditions remaining unchanged. Should any factor affect Aberdeen, Meson Capital or Nightscape Capital in an unexpected manner, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking information prove incorrect, the actual results or events may differ materially from the results or events predicted. All of the forward-looking information reflected in this press release is qualified by these cautionary statements. Forward-looking information is provided and forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this press release and except as may be required by applicable law, each of Meson Capital and Nightscape Capital disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise such forward-looking information or forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE Meson Capital Partners LLC
For further information: Media Contacts: Ryan Morris President, Meson Capital Partners LLC, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 415-758-0365; Investor Inquiries: D.F. King Canada, North American, Toll Free: 1-800-926-7043, International Collect Call: 1-201-806-7301, Email: email@example.com