TORONTO, Jan 20, 2015 /CNW/ - Today, funds controlled by Meson Capital Partners LLC ("Meson Capital") and Nightscape Capital (UK) LLP ("Nightscape Capital") that hold shares representing approximately 9% of the issued and outstanding shares of Aberdeen International Inc. (TSX: AAB) ("Aberdeen" or the "Company") urge fellow shareholders to vote for change at Aberdeen with the GOLD form of proxy before time runs out.
The attached letter highlights the Concerned Shareholder's specific action plan for change that will END insider self-dealing and put cash back in the hands of investors while debunking the numerous misleading statements made by Aberdeen insiders.
Highlights of the Letter Include:
- FACT: Leading independent proxy advisory research firm ISS recommends investors vote the GOLD Proxy card and DO NOT vote Management's BLUE card.
- FACT: Concerned Shareholders are NOT engaged in vote buying as has been falsely accused by Aberdeen Management, meanwhile Aberdeen Management has failed to confirm that it will not be engaging in vote buying itself
- FACT: Ryan Morris and Meson Capital have had +250% better investment returns than Aberdeen International and have extensive experience creating shareholder value with active involvement: HearUSA: +206%; InfuSystem: +192%; Sevcon: +52%
- FACT: The Concerned Shareholders are not proposing a fire sale of assets but instead have a detailed plan to maximize value for ALL shareholders
- FACT: The Concerned Shareholder nominees can and will convene a board meeting if elected.
- FACT: With the looming threat of an election, in November Aberdeen completed a private placement 100% to insiders and related parties, while attempting to obfuscate this fact using a numbered corporation, to try to dilute YOUR vote
The Concerned Shareholders further detail their specific plan that will:
1) Dramatically lower insider compensation by over 80%
2) Cease related party self-dealing
3) Immediately return $0.15 cash directly to shareholders
Full Letter can be found here at: www.freeaberdeen.ca/LETTER.
Every vote is important, vote GOLD for change before it's too late.
For assistance and ease with voting your GOLD proxy, please contact D.F. King Canada (toll-free) at 1-800-926-7043 or visit www.freeaberdeen.ca where the GOLD proxy can be easily voted by clicking on the "Vote Now" button.
About Meson Capital Partners LLC and Nightscape Capital (UK) LLP
Established in 2009, Meson Capital is a registered U.S. investment advisor based in San Francisco, USA. Meson Capital is managed by Ryan Morris, a Canadian citizen born in Toronto, Ontario.
Nightscape Capital is an FCA regulated investment advisor based in London, United Kingdom.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Information
Certain information in this press release may constitute "forward-looking information", as such term is defined in applicable Canadian securities legislation, about the objectives and intentions of Meson Capital and Nightscape Capital as they relate to Aberdeen and Aberdeen shareholders and other matters. All statements other than statements of historical fact may be forward-looking information. Material factors or assumptions that were applied in providing forward-looking information, include, but are not limited to, Aberdeen's future growth potential, its results of operations, future cash flows, ability to monetize assets for stated book value, the future performance and business prospects and opportunities of Aberdeen and the current general regulatory environment and economic conditions remaining unchanged. Should any factor affect Aberdeen , Meson Capital or Nightscape Capital in an unexpected manner, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking information prove incorrect, the actual results or events may differ materially from the results or events predicted. All of the forward-looking information reflected in this press release is qualified by these cautionary statements. Forward-looking information is provided and forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this press release and except as may be required by applicable law, each of Meson Capital and Nightscape Capital disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise such forward-looking information or forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise
SOURCE Meson Capital Partners LLC
For further information: Media Contacts: Ryan Morris President, Meson Capital Partners LLC, [email protected], 415-758-0365; Investor Inquiries: D.F. King Canada, North American Toll Free: 1-800-926-7043, International Collect Call: 1-201-806-7301, Email: [email protected]