TSX-V TRADING SYMBOL: CEC
VANCOUVER, Jan. 11 /CNW/ - Compliance Energy Corporation ("Compliance" or the "Company) announces that the Company has hired Mr. Dan Berkshire as Director, Exploration and Project Development. Mr. Berkshire has worked extensively within the mineral industry since 1981, acting in many capacities including President and CEO of a public mineral exploration company. As well Mr. Berkshire has been independently providing exploration and logistical support services to the mineral industry since 1986. In his new role, Mr. Berkshire will be responsible for assisting the Company in developing its existing portfolio of coal properties on Vancouver Island and acquiring, exploring, and developing other mineral properties as opportunities arise.
Mr. Berkshire has been granted 100,000 share purchase options exercisable at $0.29 per share for a period of five years.
About Compliance Energy Corporation
Compliance Energy Corporation is a coal exploration and development company with an interest in over 75,000 acres of coal and mineral rights on Vancouver Island BC and that owns the Basin Coal Mine near Princeton BC. The company is focused on developing the Raven Coal Project for the Comox Joint Venture, of which it has a 60% interest. The remaining 40% is owned by I-Comox Coal Inc. a subsidiary of Itochu Corporation of Japan and by LG International Investments (Canada) Limited, a subsidiary of LG International Corp. of Korea. Company shares trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol CEC and investor information is available on the Company's web page at www.complianceenergy.com.
On behalf of the Board of
COMPLIANCE ENERGY CORPORATION
Chief Executive Officer
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the Policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Note: This release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements may differ materially from actual future events or results. Readers are referred to the documents, filed by the Company on SEDAR at www.sedar.com, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to review or confirm analysts' expectations or estimates or to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Compliance Energy Corporation
For further information: For further information: Greg Werbowski, Investor Relations at (604) 689-0489