LONGUEUIL, QC, Nov. 15, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI) wishes to inform motorists of complete closures on the Jacques Cartier Bridge at night from 1 AM to 4 AM seven times during the months of November and December, in order to replace 6 bearing devices.
The work will be taking place underneath the bridge and will require complete closures in order to avoid overloads caused by vehicles. The goal is to slightly lift a section of the deck using powerful jacks and to replace the bearing devices. Nearly 359 tonnes (789,750 pounds) will be lifted during each of these major manoeuvres, which will be taking place late at night, in order to limit disturbances for road users.
The complete closures on the Jacques Cartier Bridge will be taking place as follows:
- In the night of Sunday, Nov. 18 to Monday, Nov. 19 (1 AM to 4 AM);
- In the night of Tuesday, Nov. 20 to Wednesday, Nov. 21 (1 AM to 4 AM);
- In the night of Sunday, Nov. 25 to Monday, Nov. 26 (1 AM to 4 AM);
- In the night of Tuesday, Nov. 27 to Wednesday, Nov. 28 (1 AM to 4 AM);
- In the night of Sunday, Dec. 2 to Monday, Dec. 3 (1 AM to 4 AM);
- In the night of Tuesday, Dec. 4 to Wednesday, Dec. 5 (1 AM to 4 AM);
- In the night of Friday, Dec. 7 to Saturday, Dec. 8 (1 AM to 4 AM).
We invite road users to visit our blog at www.jacquescartierbridge.ca. Each of the complete bridge closures will be confirmed in the days leading up to the closures, this preliminary schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and work progress.
It is also possible to register to our Twitter account, RSS feed or Newsletter, in order to receive any recent news concerning obstructions to traffic.
Please note that these closures could be rescheduled due to weather conditions and progress of the work.
SOURCE: The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated
For further information:
The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI)
Office: 450 651-8771, ext. 232
Cell: 514 249-1940
The Federal Bridge Corporation
Tel.: 450 468-5775