VAUGHAN, ON, Sept. 30, 2014 /CNW/ - Infrastructure Ontario and Mackenzie Health announced the three teams shortlisted to design, build, finance and maintain the Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital project.
The three consortia were selected based on the criteria identified in a request for qualifications process that began in March 2014. Selection criteria included construction capability, experience and financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and scope. The shortlisted teams are:
- Plenary Health
- Developer: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd.
- Design: Stantec Architecture Ltd., RTKL
- Construction: PCL Constructors
- Facilities management: Johnson Controls Canada LP
- Financial Advisor: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd., RBC Capital Markets
- Mackenzie Vaughan Health Partnership
- Developer: Innisfree Limited, HOCHTIEFF PPP Solutions North America Inc., Bondfield Construction Company Ltd.
- Design: HDR Architecture Associates, Inc.
- Construction: Bondfield Construction Company Ltd. / Canadian Turner Construction Company
- Facilities management: Honeywell Limited
- Financial Advisor: BMO Capital Markets, Innisfree Limited, HOCHTIEFF PPP Solutions North America Inc.
- Hospital Infrastructure Partners
- Developer: Fengate Capital Management Ltd., EllisDon Capital Inc., Carillion Canada Inc.
- Design: Adamson Architects, Parkin Architects
- Construction: EllisDon Capital Inc., Carillion Canada Inc.
- Facilities management: Carillion Canada Inc., EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Financial Advisor: CIBC Capital Markets, Fengate Capital Management Ltd.
The shortlisted bidders will be invited to respond to a request for proposals, expected to be issued in late 2014.
The new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital will include:
- a state-of-the-art emergency department
- modern surgical services and operating rooms
- advanced diagnostic imaging
- specialized ambulatory clinics and intensive care beds
- single acute-care patient rooms for infection prevention and control
- integrated "smart" digital technology systems that deliver the right information, to the right point of care, at the right time, to enhance the patient care experience
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with Mackenzie Health to build the new facility, which will be publicly owned, publicly controlled and publicly accountable.
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) is a Crown agency of the Province of Ontario that works to deliver public benefits through partnerships with the private sector. IO delivers large, complex public infrastructure projects using a made-in-Ontario modern procurement and project management practice called Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP). Infrastructure Ontario also partners with the private sector to manage one of the largest real estate portfolios in Canada, provides municipalities and eligible public-sector clients with loans to renew public infrastructure, and leverages its private-sector expertise to advise the provincial public-sector clients on commercial transactions.
Mackenzie Health is a regional healthcare provider that includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital as well as a network of community-based services in southwest York Region and beyond. Nationally recognized for its commitment to safety and quality patient care, Mackenzie Health was also awarded Accreditation with Exemplary Standing, the highest rating a Canadian healthcare provider can receive. With over 500,000 residents in Southwest York Region, Mackenzie Health serves one of the fastest growing and most diverse communities in Canada.
Eric Hoskins, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care
"Today's announcement demonstrates that progress is being made on the Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital project. The new, state-of-the-art facility will result in improved health-care delivery and services for the people of Vaughan and surrounding communities for generations to come."
Brad Duguid, Minister of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure
"The high-quality health-care services that will be provided at Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital are vital to the well-being of the residents of York Region. Our government is committed to building and improving health-care facilities, like the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, in a way that protects the public interest. This project will not only enhance this community's access to vital health-care services, but it will also create jobs and economic stimulus that will benefit the entire region."
Altaf Stationwala, President and Chief Executive Officer, Mackenzie Health
"This is a very important step in the project that will lead us directly to the release of our RFP to be issued later this year. The final selection of the successful RFP bidder in 2015 will bring us one step closer to our vision to create a world-class health experience for our patients, their families and the people of our community."
Disponible en français
SOURCE: Infrastructure Ontario
For further information: Contacts: Nancy Kuyumcu, Infrastructure Ontario, 416-327-5764; Nicole Bissett, Mackenzie Health, 905-883-1212 ext.7282