TORONTO, June 26, 2012 /CNW/ -
Today the Ontario Trillium Foundation announced the final round of capital funding for groups interested in applying for the Community Capital Fund (CCF), a grant program for infrastructure projects that serve diverse cultural communities. The application deadline is August 15, 2012.
Through Ontario's CCF, organizations will construct or renovate buildings, or purchase capital equipment in order to offer more skills development, cultural activities and recreational programs.
The funds are part of the $50 million Community Capital Fund announced in late 2010. The CCF helps Ontario's non-profit organizations deliver important public services to diverse cultural communities. Traditionally these community groups have been challenged to secure funds for capital projects, all the while struggling to meet the cultural, social, training and learning needs of Ontario's growing diverse populations.
"The Community Capital Fund has proven extremely popular among community organizations looking to purchase capital equipment, retrofit their physical spaces or relocate their overflowing programs into permanent, serviceable space appropriate to the needs of their members and clients.
"We urge organizations to talk to OTF staff, who are available to help them walk through the application process and eligibility criteria."
- Lucille Roch, Acting Chair, Ontario Trillium Foundation
- 163 projects by organizations across Ontario have received CCF funding to date.
- Projects funded in this application round must be completed by December 31, 2014.
- Ontario's Community Capital Fund is administered by the Ontario Trillium Foundation. An OTF Board committee assesses and analyzes applications.
ABOUT THE ONTARIO TRILLIUM FOUNDATION
A leading grant-maker in Canada, the Ontario Trillium Foundation strengthens the capacity of the voluntary sector through investments in community-based initiatives. An agency of the Government of Ontario, OTF builds healthy and vibrant communities.
- Read more about the Community Capital Fund program and eligibility guidelines.
- Learn more about the Ontario Trillium Foundation
Ce communiqué est disponible en français
For further information:
Alexis Mantell 1.800.263.2887 ext. 218