Rogers continues to enhance web phone platform with home phone and tablet integration and extends solution to small businesses
TORONTO, Sept. 25, 2012 /CNW/ - Rogers Communications launched the Rogers One Number Internet-based communications platform as an industry first this past February. Today, Rogers is announcing a newly enhanced platform that now allows customers to extend their existing Rogers wireless number not only to their computers, but also to their regular home phone and iPad. In addition, the Rogers One Number experience will be offered to small businesses across Canada this fall.
"At Rogers, we're passionate about innovation and creating unique Internet experiences for our customers. The exciting enhancements to the Rogers One Number web-based platform are revolutionizing how our customers are connecting to their devices," said John Boynton, Executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Rogers Communications. "Our goal has always been to simplify the way Canadians communicate; with the new updates to Rogers One Number we are providing an even more seamless communication experience for our customers."
Unified communications: One number leveraged on the device of your choice
Rogers One Number is a feature of Rogers wireless plans. With an Internet connection, you can extend your Rogers wireless number to make or transfer calls using a computer, tablet, and home phone with an adapter.
The original features of Rogers One Number include:
- The Rogers One Number online platform operates as the messaging centre for text messages, email and voicemail and provides one unified address book.
- Make unlimited Canada-wide voice calls and video calls to other Rogers One Number users from your computer using your wireless number.
- Text and check wireless voicemail from your computer.
The new enhancements are:
- On iPad: With the Rogers One Number app, you can video chat and take calls on the go. The app is expected to launch soon for Android tablets as well.
- On your regular phone: With the add-on service for a low monthly fee, you can connect your regular phone to a telephone adapter and use your wireless number to make calls using the Internet. You'll also enjoy unlimited Canadian long distance and no daytime wireless minutes using your regular phone. Purchase the Rogers One Number phone add-on service and telephone adapter at your local Rogers retail store location.
- Rogers One Number for Business: The solution enables small businesses to control costs and improve productivity through a secure and seamless connection to colleagues and clients, as well as family and friends. The solution allows small businesses to stay connected on the go using their existing wireless number and computer and will be available to small business customers in October.
Rogers wireless customers can set up their Rogers One Number profile online by following three simple steps on www.RogersOneNumber.ca.
Rogers has brought many new advances to the Canadian market, building on a proud history of innovative firsts and commitment to investing in Canada's digital future. Rogers was the first to launch LTE in Ottawa, Montreal and Vancouver and surrounding areas, and the first carrier in Canada to launch a complete and robust network in Toronto. Rogers was also first to launch Android smartphones, and the iPhone in Canada; the first carrier in the world to launch BlackBerry devices, rolled out the first coast-to-coast GSM network in 2001 and one of the first 10 carriers worldwide to offer HSPA+.
About Rogers Communications
Rogers is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada's largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high speed internet and telephony services. Through Rogers Media we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, sports entertainment, magazines and trade publications, and digital media. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit www.rogers.com.
SOURCE: Rogers Wireless and Cable
For further information: