"College faculty are making a very important decision and still have many questions," said Sonia Del Missier, Chair, Colleges' Bargaining Team. "We know that faculty are looking for straight forward information that tells them exactly what is in the offer and what happens if the offer is accepted or if it is rejected.
"We are launching this site in response to the union's continued misrepresentation of the offer being voted on by faculty. These union tactics are not fair to our faculty or the 500,000 students who are depending on the outcome of the vote. Faculty want to review objective information and make their decision based on facts," continued Ms. Del Missier.
Answering Faculty Questions
Sonia Del Missier and Stephanie Ball, Vice Chair, Colleges' Bargaining Team addressed thousands of faculty, students, and parents during an audio webcast this morning. The webcast recording has now been posted on collegevote.ca along with a transcript from the call. The link has also been shared on college social media platforms.
The call dealt directly with faculty questions that have come from the picket lines, phone calls, emails and social media. The call addressed faculty questions on:
- The colleges' offer
- The union's claim that the colleges' offer does not contain agreed to items
- Salaries and benefits
- Partial-load faculty gains
- Returning to work and what happens to faculty wages
- Bill 148 implementation
- Academic Freedom
- Staffing ratios
- The Task Force on the future of Ontario colleges
- The reason the faculty vote is being held
- What an acceptance by the majority of faculty means
- What a rejection by the majority of faculty means
SOURCE College Employer Council
For further information: David Scott, 416-786-1641, email@example.com