Existing contract to be extended for two years
TORONTO, Aug. 29, 2012 /CNW/ -
Ontario's 24 colleges today announced that a tentative agreement has been reached with 10,000 college faculty.
"This is great news for our students, faculty and the colleges, as it secures a new contract for two years and removes the threat of a strike," said Sonia Del Missier, Chair of the Colleges' Bargaining Team. "Both sides bargained hard and came to a settlement that is reasonable to faculty and affordable for the colleges."
Terms of Tentative Agreement
- Two-year deal - September 1, 2012 to August 31, 2014
- Faculty salaries would be frozen
- Eligible faculty would still move through the grid
- All benefits would remain untouched
- The offer asks for no concessions from faculty
For more information on college bargaining please visit www.collegebargainingfacts.com .
SOURCE: College Employer Council
For further information:
For media inquiries: