SURREY, BC, Feb. 21, 2012 /CNW/ - For the fourth consecutive year, Coast Capital Savings has been named a member of the Platinum Club of Canada's Best Managed companies, the nation's top-tier business leadership honour roll.
This is the 12th time Coast Capital Savings has received the Canada's Best Managed Companies award, which is sponsored by Deloitte, CIBC, National Post and Queen's School of Business. Companies that make the award list six times in a row qualify to apply for platinum status.
"Being recognized as one of Canada's best managed companies for 12 years, including four platinum designations, speaks to Coast Capital Savings' ongoing commitment to progressive business practices and management excellence," said Tracy Redies, president and CEO of Coast Capital Savings. "This important national award demonstrates to our customers, employees and other stakeholders that at Coast Capital Savings we constantly strive for innovation and work hard every day to change the way Canadians feel about banking, forever."
Redies said one of the pillars of Coast Capital's management approach is the involvement of staff across the organization in the development and implementation of innovation.
"This award should have the names of all our staff inscribed on it because they carry this organization on their shoulders everyday with their leadership, hard work and commitment to our customers," Redies added.
Some initiatives and accomplishments that helped Coast Capital Savings secure a spot in the Platinum rankings for 2011 include:
- Launch of the Where You're At Money Chat, a service that helps customers improve their financial well-being by using the "Four Money Basics" to manage, save, grow and protect their money
- Coast Capital's You're the Boss Mortgage, the most flexible mortgage in Canada, was named Mortgage of the Year by CanadianMortgageTrends.com
- Launching an upgraded version of its innovative aperio branch concept. The new aperio 2.0 branch in North Vancouver includes features such as customer-friendly workstations, a small business gallery and in-branch iPads where customers can complete their Money Chat
- Enhancing governance through the introduction of online voting for Coast Capital's directors election
- One of the highest customer growth rates in the industry, with nearly 20,000 new customers in 2011
- Strong community leadership, including a contribution of more than seven per cent of Coast Capital's pre-tax profits to the community
Redies said the Best Managed Companies recognition inspires Coast Capital Savings to continue to look for new ways to build on current successes.
"Coast Capital's recognition as one of Canada's best managed companies affirms our forward direction; however there is always room to grow and become stronger," she said. "We are always looking to pursue innovation in all areas as we continue to deliver financial products and services that set us apart from others."
For further information:
Media Relations Advisor, Coast Capital Savings
E-mail: [email protected]