TORONTO, Feb. 9, 2017 /CNW/ - With the year-long Canada 150 celebration now underway, CNW and Cision decided to see how engaged Canadians are with this milestone anniversary. The two companies, which joined together in 2016, have initiated a comprehensive share of voice study tracking mentions of the search term "Canada 150".
Initial findings showed that Canada 150 conversations spiked right around New Year's Eve with the official campaign kick-off. Since then, Canada 150 has been mentioned more than 100,000 times online with thousands of mentions per day. Most notably, momentum is building.
View CNW's Content Centre: http://prn.to/2kIwCOK
"We saw a promising start to Canada 150 and wondered if we could contribute to its ongoing success," said Nicole Guillot, President of CNW and Cision Canada. "This led to an offering combining the distribution expertise of CNW with the monitoring and analytics capabilities of Cision Communications Cloud to improve the results of our customers' Canada 150 communications initiatives. In doing so, we hope to help boost the conversation about Canada 150 across the country throughout the year."
CNW and Cision's Canada 150 offering
The companies developed a set of CNW distribution offerings that amplify the prominence of Canada 150 news releases. They then added a monitoring and analytics report from Cision that measures share of voice for a customer's Canada 150 program, compares the program against a competitor's program and benchmarks the program's performance against the total online conversation.
CNW and Cision's Canada 150 offering to customers includes:
- New Canada 150 Targeted Industry Lists – distribution lists specific to outlets, journalists and influencers interested in Canada 150 news. (Click here to add yourself to a CNW Canada 150 email list.)
- Top billing in CNW's Media Daybook – a daily listing for media summarizing all events promoted by a CNW Media Advisory
- A dedicated @CNWCanada150 Twitter feed – a curated account that shares all news releases tagged with Canada's 150 together with other relevant content
- A CNW News Widget filtered for Canada 150 news release content – CNW News Widgets are updated in real time and can be added to any website (Click here to become a CNW Media Partner and add a widget to your website)
- Prominence on the newswire.ca homepage within a Canada 150 Hot Topics section – curated for all relevant news releases and multimedia content distributed by CNW
- A Canada 150 Cision monitoring and analytics package – tracks share of voice across web, social, print and broadcast media for any Canada 150 initiative, provides competitor analysis and performance against benchmark, shared in four quarterly reports.
The future of monitoring is more than counting media hits
Over the course of its Canada 150 share of voice study, CNW and Cision will also monitor how Canadians respond to a variety campaigns, messages and real-world events, for example, "Which events drew the most attention or controversy," and, "What demographic groups enjoyed the festivities most?"
"Cision is a leader in providing deep contextual business insights based on communications and public commentary," said Guillot. "When we look beyond the number of articles or tweets around an issue and dive into the impact the issue has on population groups, suddenly communicators are equipped with insights that can help them guide their organizations to greater success and prove the value of their work."
To learn more about our Canada 150 offerings, click here.
CNW Group Ltd. (a Cision company) gets people talking about our clients online and in the news. We distribute authenticated news releases and multimedia content in the right way and to the right places in order to fulfill disclosure requirements and maximize exposure, engagement and earned media opportunities. CNW also provides professional video, photography and webcast production, translation, regulatory filing services and IR website solutions.
Cision is a leading media communication technology and analytics company that enables marketers and communicators to effectively manage their earned media programs in coordination with paid and owned channels to drive business impact. As the creator of the Cision Communication Cloud™, the first-of-its-kind earned media cloud-based platform, Cision has combined cutting-edge data, analytics, technology and services into a unified communication ecosystem that brands can use to build consistent, meaningful and enduring relationships with influencers and buyers in order to amplify their marketplace influence. Cision solutions also include market-leading media technologies such as PR Newswire, CNW, Gorkana, PRWeb, Help a Reporter Out (HARO) and iContact. Headquartered in Chicago, Cision serves over 100,000 customers in 170 countries and 40 languages worldwide, and maintains offices in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Latin America and Australia. For more information, visit www.cision.com or follow @Cision on Twitter.
SOURCE CNW Group Ltd.
For further information: Laurie Smith, Vice President Strategic Communications, Media and Audience Relations, E: email@example.com, T: (416) 863-5399, C: (416) 388-0711