Get tips for using data to make great decisions and drive organizational performance!
TORONTO, Oct. 15, 2012 /CNW/ - On Tuesday, October 30, 2012, from 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. EDT, Certified Management Accountants of Canada (CMA Canada) is hosting a free business webinar on evidence-based decision making: http://bit.ly/TvPdfB. CMA members, professional accountants in management and the broader accounting and business community are invited to participate in this valuable learning opportunity.
The webinar, entitled From Data to Decisions, is designed to help participants master a proven five-step approach for using information to make intelligent business decisions. Led by Bernard Marr, CEO of U.K.-based Advanced Performance Institute, participants will also learn how to:
- Define their organization's information requirements.
- Collect relevant data that meets their organization's information needs.
- Analyze and extract data, and transform it into meaningful recommendations.
- Present the right insights to inform and influence decision-makers.
- Make evidence-based decisions.
- Leverage information technology infrastructure and business intelligence applications to support evidence-based decision making.
According to Marr, less than 10 per cent of the information gathered within companies supports meaningful decision-making. In this upcoming webinar, Marr will walk participants through his process for collecting the information that counts.
The webinar will also feature Jean Kimpton, CMA, Controller for the Department of Innovation and Advanced Learning, Government of Prince Edward Island, and Todd Scaletta, FCMA, Vice President of Research and Innovation, CMA Canada.
"The power of fact-based decision making is well documented and increasingly spotlighted in business media. Taking data to decisions is a central role of the management accountant. This webinar will outline a process to help your organization make informed decisions in a highly complex world," says Todd Scaletta.
Register today and receive three complimentary publications when you log onto the webinar:
- Concept Overview - From Data to Decisions: Using evidence-based management
- Management Accounting Guideline - From Data to Decisions: Five Steps to evidence-based management
- Case Studies - From Data to Decisions: Lessons from the field
Image with caption: "Evidence-based management expert Bernard Marr offers a systematic approach for using information to make great business decisions. Register today for CMA Canada's free webinar: http://bit.ly/TvPdfB. (CNW Group/Certified Management Accountants of Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121015_C6290_PHOTO_EN_19145.jpg
SOURCE: Certified Management Accountants of Canada
For further information:
Manager, Communications and Public Affairs
CMA Canada | email@example.com
Tel. (905) 949-3116 | Toll-free: 1-800-262-7622, ext. 3116
More about CMA Canada's Research Foundation and to download the latest management accounting research publications visit www.managementaccounting.org
More about Certified Management Accountants Canada (CMA Canada) at www.cma-canada.org