Club Action Hearst Named Finalist for 2012 Great Grants Award
Feb 22, 2012, 19:34 ET
Ontario Trillium Foundation recognizes project's outstanding impact
TORONTO, Feb. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - NEWS
The Ontario Trillium Foundation today announced that Club Action Hearst is a finalist for the prestigious 2012 Great Grants Awards. The awards recognize Ontario organizations that have demonstrated exceptional results, innovation and a lasting impact on the communities they serve.
Club Action Hearst has been selected as a finalist in the human and social services category. A total of eight 2012 Great Grants Awards recipients will be recognized in the presence of Hon. Michael Chan, Ontario Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport, at a ceremony in Toronto on March 23.
Club Action Hearst
Innovative collaboration across organizations and generations
| You can't keep a good senior down. At least, not in Hearst. Two seniors centres, Club Soleil des Aînés and Atelier des pionniers et pionnières de Hearst successfully merged in 2009. The organization now offers at its new venue 35 cultural, recreational, sport, social and intergenerational programs and services for Francophone seniors in the Hearst region. Located in a community of 5,600 people, the new Club Action Hearst serves 650 members and involves no less than 13 partnerships. In addition to the well-being of its seniors, this innovative organization is now turning its sight to local youth. It is initiating intergenerational partnership projects to help youth develop skills to better access the work place, start their own businesses or pursue a higher education. Seniors in Hearst are looking out for all and setting a path for sustainable collaboration and continued innovation.
|Club Action Hearst was awarded a Community grant of $120,000 over three years in 2007.|
"We are very proud of Club Action Hearst and are excited that, with this nomination, its work in the community will now be acknowledged across Ontario. Its efforts go to the heart of the Foundation's own work: to support good ideas and help foster community connections that improve people's quality of life."
- Suzanne Shawbonquit, Chair of Grant Review Team for Algoma, Cochrane, Manitoulin and Sudbury, OTF
"We are very grateful for the Ontario Trillium Foundation's support. OTF contributed significantly to the success of our organization. This grant made a huge difference, opening possibilities for important changes in the future and making a broad range of activities possible to improve the quality of life to residents of all ages and backgrounds."
- Pierre Brochu, Chair, Club Action Hearst
- Ontario Trillium Foundation Great Grants Award finalists were selected from among some 4,500 groups that received OTF support between April 2006 and December 2010
- Eight Great Grants Awards will be presented on March 23 in Toronto:
- OTF grants funding to approximately 1,500 organizations each year.
- One award for each of OTF's four funded sectors: arts and culture, sports and recreation, environment, and human and social services
- The Minister's Award
- The Chair's Award
- The CEO's Award
- The People's Choice Award
- Photo of Club Action Hearst at http://otf.ca/en/newsCentre/gg_finalists_2012.asp#club
- View all 2012 Great Grants Awards Finalists
- View voting page for People's Choice Award at: http://otf.ca/fr/Newsmodule/index.aspx?newsId=6TXlYUcA0RflC4mq9n3VWgeQuAleQuAl
- Learn more about the Ontario Trillium Foundation
Ce communiqué est disponible en français
For further information:
Ontario Trillium Foundation
1.800.263.2887 ext. 265
Share this article