- SAVING HOPE is Canada's most-watched original drama of the 2013-14 broadcast year, averaging 1.6 million viewers since return -
- CTV wins all hours of prime time and has the top four programs of the night. -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1mLgr0V
TORONTO, Feb. 28, 2014 /CNW/ - CTV's hit original drama SAVING HOPE wrapped its second season last night once again winning its timeslot with 1.4 million viewers. The series' climactic finale outpaced a simulcast of ELEMENTARY (Global/CBS) with A25-54 (+11%), A18-49 (+20%), and A18-34 (+51%). Ending the season as the #1 Canadian drama of the 2013-14 broadcast year, SAVING HOPE delivered an impressive Season 2 average audience of 1.6 million viewers on CTV (final data). The complete second season of SAVING HOPE, including last night's finale, plus last night's full lineup are available now for catch-up viewing on demand at CTV.ca and the CTV GO app.
The gripping season finale saw Alex (Erica Durance) diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat and forced to wear a heart monitor, before a dramatic turn of events finds Alex stabbed and in critical condition. With her life left hanging in the balance, Alex is seeing things in a whole new light. Season 3 of SAVING HOPE has been ordered by CTV for the 2014/15 broadcast season.
A closer look at BBM Thursday overnight data reveals:
- CTV wins all hours of prime time and has the top four programs of the night.
- Nationally, SAVING HOPE is up 24% over the summer finale, and wins timeslot by double digits with demos vs. next closest competitor (Global, ELEMENTARY).
- SAVING HOPE also wins its timeslot in Toronto with all key adult demos, and saw double digit growth in Toronto over the summer finale.
- GREY'S ANATOMY came back to 2 million dedicated viewers, up 17% over the fall finale. This spring premiere was the program's second-highest rated overnight audience this broadcast year.
- In the markets, GREY'S ANATOMY saw strong Toronto ratings with 6.3 total viewers, and 6.7 among A25-54. It's up 21% from the fall finale in Toronto with total viewers.
On Twitter, SAVING HOPE saw more than 3,000 mentions in the 24-hours leading up to last night's finale, with an estimated reach of 5.5 million.
**Media Note** - Download photos from SAVING HOPE at BellMediaPR.ca.
Next week on Thursday, March 6 at 7:30 p.m. ET, TWO AND A HALF MEN airs at a special time, followed by THE BIG BANG THEORY at 8 p.m. ET. Then, viewers can catch the series premiere of CTV Original Comedy SPUN OUT at 8:30 p.m. ET, a new episode of GREY'S ANATOMY at 9 p.m. ET, and the season premiere of MOTIVE at 10 p.m. ET.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
SAVING HOPE: @SavingHopeTV
Erica Durance: @ED_DURANCE
Michael Shanks: @MichaelShanks
Daniel Gillies: @danieljgillies
Huse Madhavji: @HuseM
Julia Taylor-Ross: @juliataylorross
Kristopher Turner: @kristopherturn
Michelle Nolden: @noldenmichelle
Benjamin Ayres: @BenjaminAyres
Source: BBM Canada Overnight v. Overnight, 2013/14 broadcast year Sept. 23, 2013 to Feb. 16, 2014.
For further information: