New Organic Energy Bar Filled With Creamy Nut Butter Now Available in Canada
EMERYVILLE, CA, April 25, 2017 /CNW/ - Clif Bar & Company, a leading maker of nutritious and organic foods, today introduced the category-first CLIF Nut Butter Filled Energy Bar in Canada in four flavours: Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Coconut Almond Butter and Peanut Butter.
Made in Canada with delicious organic ingredients, each bar offers for the first time a creamy nut butter filling inside a nutritious energy bar. Crafted for athletes and adventurers, CLIF Nut Butter Filled Energy Bar combines the fat from nut butters and carbohydrates from multiple sources.
"We're excited to bring CLIF Nut Butter Filled Energy Bar to Canada," said Kevin Cleary, CEO at Clif Bar & Company. "This is a whole new kind of energy bar, made with organic ingredients and filled with an energy food people love – creamy nut butters."
Each recipe contains non-GMO ingredients and does not contain partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavours. All four flavours will be available at select and major retailers across Canada starting now.
Clif Bar & Company is launching CLIF Nut Butter Filled Energy Bar in Canada with a number of strategic partnerships and activations throughout 2017. Some of these include:
- An elevated CLIF experience at the World Ski & Snowboard Festival in Whistler, B.C., with a CLIF-inspired coffee shop pop-up during the festival that will pair delicious CLIF Nut Butter Filled Bars with locally sourced Mount Currie Coffee.
- Lead partner of Toronto Bike Month, the annual celebration of cycling in the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area with hundreds of events, including Bike to Work Day on May 29 that brings together thousands of commuters, families, schools and community groups to celebrate their shared passion for cycling.
- Strategic partnership with Trans Canada Trail – the non-profit leading the efforts to connect The Great Trail by 2017. With nearly 24,000 kilometers of recreational trails expected to be fully connected for Canada's 150th anniversary, The Great Trail will be the world's longest recreational trail network. CLIF Nut Butter Filled Bars will be sampled along high-trafficked portions of the trail in Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia and Alberta during summer and fall.
- Third-year partnership to support National Organic Week, the largest annual celebration of organic food, farming and products across Canada. Organic Week showcases the benefits of organic agriculture and its positive impact on the environment, animal welfare, as well as our well-being.
- Sampling of CLIF Nut Butter Filled Energy Bars at more than 90 CLIF sponsored sporting and lifestyle events throughout Canada.
About Clif Bar & Company
Clif Bar & Company crafts nutritious and organic foods to feed and inspire adventure, including the CLIF BAR®, CLIF Kid® Zbar, and the all-new CLIF® Nut Butter Filled energy bar. Family and employee owned, the company is committed to sustaining its people, brands, business, community and the planet. For more information on Clif Bar & Company, please visit www.clifbar.ca, check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/clifbar and follow us on Instagram and Twitter @clifbar.
SOURCE Clif Bar & Company
For further information: Media Contact: David Dwyer, [email protected], 647-828-0140