TORONTO, April 28, 2014 /CNW/ - CIBC (CM: TSX) (CM: NYSE) has been recognized with five project finance awards by Project Finance Magazine and Project Finance International Magazine for lending deals completed in 2013.
Project Finance Magazine Deal of the Year Awards recognizes firms for their innovation, deal repeatability, best practice, problem solving, risk mitigation, value for money and speed of delivery in the financing of infrastructure projects. This year, CIBC received:
- North American Midstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year for Sabine Pass, a natural gas liquefaction ("LNG") facility in Louisiana; and
- North American Solar Deal of the Year for Solar Star, the funding unit for two solar photovoltaic power generating facilities in California.
Project Finance International (PFI) Magazine Awards represents the key industry benchmark for firms involved in the financings of projects around the world. This year, CIBC received:
- PPP Deal of the Year for Sydney Convention Centre;
- Deal of the Year for Sabine Pass Liquefaction 3 & 4 project; and
- Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Corporate Deal of the Year for Arqiva, a critical telecommunications infrastructure provider..
"These awards showcase the depth of knowledge and expertise that our infrastructure and project finance team brings to our clients globally," said Laurie Mahon, Global Head of CIBC's Infrastructure Finance group. "Our clients can count on getting excellent execution and value-added advice on complex infrastructure financings to help them grow, and these awards illustrate our continued success on that front."
CIBC is a leading global lender to infrastructure acquisitions, public private partnerships (P3s) and project financings, including pipelines, renewable power projects, schools, hospitals, courthouses, rail projects, highways and bridges. For more information on the awards, visit Project Finance Magazine and PFI Magazine.
CIBC's wholesale banking business provides a range of integrated credit and capital markets products, and investment banking to clients in key financial markets in North America and around the world. We provide innovative capital solutions and advisory expertise across a wide range of industries as well as top-ranked research for our corporate, government and institutional clients.
SOURCE: CIBC World Markets
For further information:
Tom Wallis, Communications and Public Affairs at 416-980-4048, firstname.lastname@example.org.