TORONTO, March 11, 2019 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) released its annual Corporate Responsibility Report and Public Accountability Statement today which complements CIBC's Annual Report to shareholders. The report highlights CIBC's environmental, social and governance (ESG) priorities and commitment to supporting the long-term prosperity of the people and communities the bank serves.
The Corporate Responsibility Report focuses on ESG topics of importance to CIBC and its stakeholders, including: client focus, responsible banking, culture, and building community - all supported by a commitment to strong governance. Highlights of our ESG impacts that deliver value to our clients and other stakeholders include:
- $1.5 billion in Responsible Investment funds held on behalf of our clients
- $1.5 billion in financing towards renewable power projects in the last five years, as well as support for the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and membership in the United Nations Environment Programme-Finance Initiative (UNEP-FI)
- $182 billion in debt financing to help businesses grow
- Employee Engagement score of 88% - 7 points above the global financial services norm
- $80 million invested in community organizations across Canada and the U.S., through $60 million in corporate contributions and $20 million in employee-led fundraising and giving
CIBC is proud to be recognized for industry-best practices in the following:
- Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America
- Canada's Top 100 Employers, Best Diversity Employers, and Top Employers for Young People by Mediacorp
- Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index since its inception in 2016
- Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index since its inception in 2005
- FTSE4Good Index since its inception in 2001
- Jantzi Social Index since its inception in 2000
We welcome questions or feedback on our report: [email protected].
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. Across Personal and Small Business Banking, Commercial Banking and Wealth Management, and Capital Markets businesses, CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services through its leading digital banking network, and locations across Canada with offices in the United States and around the world. Ongoing news releases and more information about CIBC can be found at https://cibc.mediaroom.com/.
SOURCE CIBC - Investor Relations
For further information: Erica Belling, Investor and Financial Communications, 416-594-7251, [email protected]