Receives accolades for best-in-class leadership training programs and learning tools
TORONTO, Sept. 12, 2014 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) today announced that it won two coveted awards for excellence, a Gold in the Best Leadership Development Program category, and a Silver for Best in Learning Technology Implementation from Brandon Hall Group, a prestigious research and advisory firm in talent management and leadership development.
These awards recognize CIBC's strategic approach to executive, management and high-potential development and are based on criteria that include how well the program is received, adopted by the organization's leaders, achieves measurable benefits and outcomes, and positively impacts the participants and the organization.
"CIBC is proud to be acknowledged for our strong learning culture," said Jacqueline Moss, Executive Vice-President, Human Resources, CIBC. "We are committed to driving business results through best-in-class learning programs that enhance the skills of our employees and help develop our future leaders."
In 2013, CIBC invested more than $69 million in corporate-wide learning and development initiatives, including management and leadership development program that enhances the strengths and skills of the bank's managers and global leadership team.
CIBC boasts a leading Leadership Development practice featuring:
- A consistent approach to developing the fundamentals of management and leadership, which are available to, and adopted by, all managers and executives;
- Sustainment of a leader's development activities through a biennial Leadership 360 Assessment and ongoing measurement of their progress against the core leadership competency model;
- Leaders developing leaders, in which programs are designed and delivered by our senior executives;
- Strategically aligned management and executive development curricula, where programs cascade down the organization in a phased and systematic approach; and,
- An integrated talent management approach, incorporating leadership competency models and development activities into the processes for recruitment, succession, development, coaching, and talent profiles.
CIBC has been recognized in recent years for its strong inclusive culture and ability to attract and develop talent with several awards, including Canada's Top 100 Employers, Best Diversity Employer, Best Workplace and Best Employer for New Canadians.
The Brandon Hall Excellence Awards are presented annually by Brandon Hall Group, one of the leading research firms in training and development. Now in its 20th year, the Awards program is the most prestigious in the learning industry, recognizing the world's best organizations for successfully deploying programs and tools that have achieved measureable results in organizational improvement and performance.
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with nearly 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada, and has offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Media Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.
SOURCE: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
For further information:
Caroline Van Hasselt, Director, External Communications, CIBC, (416) 784-6699, [email protected]