Recognized for programs enabling employees to excel in the workplace
TORONTO, Oct. 22, 2013 /CNW/ - CIBC (CM: TSX) (CM: NYSE) was named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
For the second straight year, CIBC was recognized as an exceptional employer by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers, who invited 25,000 companies to submit applications in this year's competition. Employers were evaluated on eight key areas: physical workplace; work atmosphere and social; health, financial and family benefits; vacation and time off; employee communications; performance management; training and skills development; and, community involvement.
"We are delighted to be recognized once again as an employer of choice," said Jacqueline Moss, CIBC's Executive Vice-President of Human Resources. "We are committed to making CIBC a great place for our employees. We invest in programs that create an inclusive and rewarding workplace and an environment where employees can excel and succeed."
CIBC was recognized for its strong support of education both in the workplace and in the community. CIBC provides tuition subsidies, mentoring programs, in-house seminars and online training programs for employees and encourages them to pursue professional accreditations. CIBC's partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada and the YMCA also makes post-secondary education dreams a reality for youth in-need through the CIBC Youthvision Scholarship program.
Other recognitions that CIBC has received for its industry-best practices in the past year include:
- One of Canada's Best Workplaces by the Great Place to Work® Institute;
- One of Canada's Top Employers for Young People by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and a Best Employer for New Canadians by Mediacorp;
- The strongest bank in Canada and North America and the third-strongest bank in the world by Bloomberg Markets magazine;
- Among the Top 10 Safest Banks in North America by Global Finance magazine;
- A recipient of three innovation awards for the CIBC Mobile Payment App from ACT Canada;
- One of Interbrand's 25 Best Canadian Brands;
- Named one of Canada's best 50 corporate citizens by Corporate Knights; and,
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the 12th consecutive year.
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada, and has offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Press Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.
SOURCE: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
For further information:
Media contact: Caroline Van Hasselt, Director, External Communications and Media Relations, 416-784-6699, or [email protected].