TORONTO, Jan. 23, 2014 /CNW/ - CI Investments Inc. ("CI") announced today that it has received 21 FundGrade® A+ Awards, which recognize investment funds with consistent, outstanding risk-adjusted performance. CI took home more trophies than any other fund company at the 2013 awards, which were announced last night by Fundata Canada Inc., a major provider of financial and market data.
"The diversity of our winning funds illustrates the broad choice of top-quality investment options and portfolio management teams at CI," said Derek J. Green, CI President. "We congratulate our managers for earning this additional recognition and we thank our investors and advisors for their ongoing support."
Of note among this year's list of FundGrade A+ winners are funds that topped their categories at the 2013 Morningstar Awards announced in November: Black Creek International Equity Fund and CI Global Health Sciences Corporate Class. In addition, Select Canadian Equity Managed Corporate Class is part of Portfolio Select Series, which named Best Fund of Funds at the 2013 Morningstar Awards.
CI's FundGrade A+ Award winners for 2013 are:
- Black Creek Global Balanced Fund
- Black Creek International Equity Fund
- Cambridge Canadian Equity Corporate Class
- Cambridge High Income Fund
- CI Global Health Sciences Corporate Class
- Portfolio Series Income Fund
- Select Canadian Equity Managed Corporate Class
- Signature Global Income & Growth Fund
- Signature High Income Fund
- United Canadian Equity Alpha Corporate Class
- United Enhanced Income Pool
- United International Equity Growth Pool
- Clarica MVP Growth Fund
- Sun Life Sunfund
- SunWise Elite CI Cambridge Balanced
- SunWise Elite CI Cambridge Core Bundle
- SunWise Essential CI American Value Segregated Bundle
- SunWise Essential CI Cambridge Canadian Equity Segregated Bundle
- SunWise Essential CI Cambridge Segregated Diversified Bundle
- SunWise Essential CI Synergy American Segregated Bundle
- SunWise Essential Fidelity American Disciplined Equity.
The FundGrade A+ Rating identifies funds with not only the best risk-adjusted returns but also those demonstrating the highest level of consistency. It builds on and enhances the Fundata FundGrade fund rating system and is awarded annually to funds that have achieved consistently high FundGrade scores through an entire calendar year.
FundGrade is an objective and completely quantitative measure that is based on a minimum of two and up to 10 years of a fund's historical track record. The FundGrade rating system assigns grades ranging from an "A" to an "E." For a fund to score a FundGrade "A" rating, the fund must substantially outperform its peers by finishing in the top 10% within its category in a given month. FundGrade ratings change monthly.
The FundGrade A+ Rating ranks funds to determine the annual "best-of-the-best" investment fund ratings. Less than 4% of the eligible investment fund products available in Canada have received a FundGrade A+ rating. Mutual funds and segregated funds have been graded separately. For more information on the Fundata FundGrade and FundGrade A+ rating system, please visit www.fundgradeawards.com.
About CI - Canada's Investment Company
CI Investments Inc. is one of Canada's largest investment management companies. CI offers a broad range of investment products and services, including an industry-leading selection of investment funds, and is on the Web at www.ci.com. CI is a subsidiary of CI Financial Corp. (TSX: CIX), an independent, Canadian-owned wealth management firm with $118 billion in assets as of December 31, 2013.
Morningstar Awards © Morningstar Inc. All Rights Reserved. Awarded to Black Creek International Equity Fund for Best International Equity Fund; to CI Global Health Sciences Corporate Class for Best Specialty Equity Fund; and to Portfolio Select Series for Best Fund of Funds.
SOURCE: CI Investments Inc.
For further information:
Derek J. Green