TSX Symbol: CIX
TORONTO, May 13, 2014 /CNW/ - CI Investments Inc. ("CI") today announced the launch of G5|20i, an innovative retirement solution for investors who require immediate guaranteed cash flow.
The new mutual fund complements the G5|20 fund, which provides guaranteed cash flow after a five-year accumulation phase. Both funds are part of G5|20 Series and each provides 20 years of guaranteed cash flow, growth potential and protection from market downturns.
In addition, CI announced that the G5|20i and G5|20 funds available for sale beginning today will provide cash flow that can increase but never decrease through a new feature that automatically locks in a portion of fund gains.
"These enhancements add to the value and flexibility of G5|20 Series, a retirement solution that offers millions of Canadian baby boomers both a dependable cash flow and potential for growth from their savings," said Derek J. Green, President of CI. "G5|20 Series helps provide security and peace of mind at a time when low interest rates mean that fixed-income investments generate little return."
The G5|20 Series funds are actively managed, diversified portfolios of income and growth investments. Protection against downturns is provided through advanced risk management strategies. Each fund distributes for 20 years an annual cash flow equal to 5% of the investor's initial investment or the Guaranteed Asset Value, whichever is greater. The cash flow is guaranteed by Bank of Montreal.
"G5|20 Series is designed and managed specifically to ensure a dependable, stable cash flow through the retirement period," said Mr. Green. "It helps investors deal with those factors that present significant risks to their retirement plans, including market volatility, inflation and the risk of outliving their money."
The features of G5|20 Series include:
- Choice of two funds: the new G5|20i for immediate cash flow, and G5|20 for cash flow after a five-year accumulation phase.
- Automatic locking in of a portion of fund gains so that cash flow can increase but never decrease.
- 5% cash flow for 20 years, guaranteed by Bank of Montreal.
- Strategies to capture market gains and protect against downturns.
- A low volatility investment strategy.
- Simplicity and liquidity of a mutual fund, with investors able to redeem daily at the current market value. The remaining units will continue to distribute guaranteed cash flow.
- A diversified portfolio of Canadian and global equity and income securities managed by CI's award-winning portfolio management teams.
- Active asset allocation, managed by CI Investment Consulting, an in-house team that oversees over $20 billion in CI's managed solutions.
- Eligibility for registered and non-registered accounts.
- Tax-efficient cash flow for non-registered accounts.
- A "risk management overlay" that is designed to provide long-term growth potential, reduce volatility and optimize the fund's residual value. The risk management overlay is provided by Nexus Risk Management of Chicago and includes strategies that have typically been available only to insurance companies and other institutional and affluent investors.
G5|20 Series funds are part of the CI Guaranteed Retirement Cash Flow Series, under which funds with guaranteed cash flow will be available quarterly. The new G5|20 Series funds announced today will be available for purchase until June 30, 2014.
For more information about G5|20 Series, contact your financial advisor or visit www.ci.com/G520.
About CI Investments - Canada's Investment Company
CI Investments is one of Canada's largest investment management companies. It offers a wide range of investment products and services, including an industry-leading selection of investment funds, and is on the Web at www.ci.com. CI is a subsidiary of CI Financial Corp. (TSX: CIX), an independent, Canadian-owned wealth management firm with $125.8 billion in assets as of April 30, 2014.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Except as described below, mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Bank of Montreal guarantees that at least the original amount you paid for the fund unit will be paid back to you over a 20-year period in equal monthly instalments. This guarantee does not apply to units redeemed before the end of that period. You will receive the net asset value per unit for any unit redeemed early. Mutual fund securities are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer.
®CI Investments and the CI Investments design are registered trademarks of CI Investments Inc. BMO Financial Group and Bank of Montreal are marketing names (also referred to as trade names or brand names) used by Bank of Montreal. "BMO", "BMO Financial Group", "BMO (M-bar roundel symbol) Financial Group", "Bank of Montreal" and "BMO Capital Markets" are trademarks owned by Bank of Montreal.
SOURCE: CI Investments Inc.
For further information:
Derek J. Green