TORONTO, Nov. 1, 2018 /CNW/ - CI Investments Inc. ("CI") today announced portfolio management and/or fund name changes affecting the following funds: Cambridge American Equity Fund, Cambridge American Equity Corporate Class, CI American Managers Corporate Class, Select U.S. Equity Managed Corporate Class, CI Pacific Fund, CI Pacific Corporate Class, Sentry All Cap Income Fund, Sentry Global Investment Grade Private Pool Class, and Signature Tactical Bond Pool. The changes are effective on or about November 30, 2018.
American equity mandates
- Sentry Investment Management ("Sentry") will assume portfolio management responsibilities for Cambridge American Equity Fund and Cambridge American Equity Corporate Class, replacing Cambridge Global Asset Management ("Cambridge"). Aubrey Hearn has been named lead portfolio manager and Jack Hall will serve as a co-manager of the funds.
- The funds will be renamed CI American Equity Fund and CI American Equity Corporate Class, respectively.
- Additionally, Cambridge's portions of the CI American Managers Corporate Class and Select U.S. Equity Managed Corporate Class portfolios will be transitioned to Sentry. Mr. Hall will be lead portfolio manager and Mr. Hearn will co-manage these sleeves.
Cambridge decided to relinquish these mandates to focus their U.S. equity research on their dividend strategies – Cambridge U.S. Dividend Fund, Cambridge U.S. Dividend Registered Fund and Cambridge U.S. Dividend US$ Fund.
"Following the decision by Cambridge, CI selected Sentry and the team led by Aubrey Hearn for these mandates based on their extensive expertise in U.S. equities and the strong returns they have achieved with funds such as Sentry U.S. Growth & Income Fund and Sentry U.S. Monthly Income Fund," said Neal Kerr, Executive Vice-President, CI Investment Management.
Mr. Hearn joined the Sentry team in 2005 and has more than 15 years of financial industry experience. He was named Investment Executive's Mutual Fund Manager of the Year in 2015. He uses a bottom-up investment process that focuses on finding high-quality companies to build high-conviction, concentrated portfolios that offer growth, stability and income. Mr. Hall joined Sentry in 2012 and is responsible for the research and analysis of North American dividend and income-paying equity securities.
- Signature Global Asset Management ("Signature") will assume portfolio management responsibilities for CI Pacific Fund and CI Pacific Corporate Class, replacing Epoch Investment Partners, Inc. Matthew Strauss will be lead portfolio manager.
- The funds will be renamed Signature Asian Opportunities Fund and Signature Asian Opportunities Corporate Class, respectively.
- Signature will replace Sentry as portfolio manager of Sentry Global Investment Grade Private Pool Class, with John Shaw becoming lead portfolio manager.
- Signature Tactical Bond Pool will be renamed Signature Core Bond Plus Fund.
- Sentry's Bryan Brown has been named a co-manager of Sentry All Cap Income Fund, joining Executive Portfolio Manager Michael Simpson on the mandate.
For more information about the portfolio management teams mentioned above, please visit www.ci.com. Cambridge Global Asset Management, Sentry Investment Management and Signature Global Asset Management are divisions of CI.
About CI Investments – Trusted Partner in Wealth™
CI Investments is one of Canada's largest investment management companies. It offers a wide range of investment products and services, and is on the Web at www.ci.com. CI is a subsidiary of CI Financial Corp. (TSX: CIX), an independent, Canadian-owned wealth management firm with $180.6 billion in fee-earning assets as of September 30, 2018.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Cambridge Global Asset Management, Sentry Investment Management and Signature Global Asset Management are all divisions of CI Investments Inc., a subsidiary of CI Financial Corp.
®CI Investments and the CI Investments design are registered trademarks of CI Investments Inc. © CI Investments Inc. 2018. All rights reserved. "Trusted Partner in Wealth" is a trademark of CI Investments Inc.
SOURCE CI Financial Corp.
For further information: Neal Kerr, Executive Vice-President, Investment Management, CI Investments, (416) 364-1145