A transaction that will enhance the existing products and services offered by Christie Innomed, while providing Horizon's current clients with an expanded portfolio of medical imaging, medical IT and healthcare IT solutions.
SAINT-EUSTACHE, QC, Dec. 7, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Christie Innomed Inc. announced today that it has purchased Horizon Medical Services Ltd. (Horizon), a company known for providing unique and cost- effective imaging solutions and service supporting the healthcare community. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Christie Innomed, Horizon will maintain its excellent service and business relationships. In addition, Horizon will continue to operate under its current name and this transition will have no impact on policies and services already in place.
"Adding Horizon's business partnerships and service delivery expertise to the Christie Innomed portfolio of products and services is a natural and strategic choice for our company. This is part of our 'Vision 2020' mission, with which we aim to empower healthcare organizations to imagine more from a technological and service standpoint. This acquisition allows us to explore new avenues to broaden our product and support offerings for customers, while giving them clinical and operational tools to innovate and advance care," stated Martin Roy, President and CEO of Christie Innomed.
"We are delighted to join the Christie Innomed organization. Horizon is positioned as a company focused on providing quality service for our customers. We are confident that this new alliance will help us to enhance the services we offer to the healthcare sector," added Larry Riley, President and CEO of Horizon.
As a Canadian distributor of medical imaging, medical informatics and healthcare IT solutions, Christie Innomed partners with internationally renowned manufacturers to empower healthcare organizations with innovative products and services to enhance care. In addition, Christie Innomed is the largest independent Canadian company to offer a suite of comprehensive and integrated modalities and in-house developed IT solutions for healthcare organizations. Its team of service professionals provide complete support for improving workflows and managing modalities, thus assisting its clients to provide the best possible healthcare. The company's 200 experts provide 24/7 services to 1,500 hospitals and clinics throughout Canada.
This acquisition will give Christie Innomed increased market access by partnering with Horizon to leverage its service expertise and grow its installed base.
- Christie Innomed Inc. acquired Horizon Medical Services Ltd. for an undisclosed amount. The transaction is effective immediately and Horizon Medical Services Ltd. becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Christie Innomed Inc.
- As an independent, leading Canadian healthcare technology vendor, Christie Innomed aims to assist healthcare organizations to imagine more clinically and operationally, by providing the market with innovative product and service solutions.
- Christie Innomed management believes that there will be minimal organizational changes following this acquisition.
- Horizon has always been passionate about delivering more than what clients expect. It cultivates its reputation and expertise over more than three decades by offering superior quality products, exemplary before- and after sales service, as well as highly competitive pricing. It has a highly diversified client base across hospitals, correctional institutions, independent clinics, veterinarian establishments, dental practices, chiropractors and research centres in Canada.
- This transaction serves the common good of both companies and our customer base, as we move forward to expand and advance our capacity and competence as a major supplier and service organization in Canadian healthcare.
SOURCE Christie Innomed Inc.
For further information: Source: Line Chapdelaine, Attitude Communication, firstname.lastname@example.org; Contact: email@example.com