MONTREAL, May 28, 2015 /CNW/ - Standard Life Mutual Funds Ltd. and Manulife Asset Management Accord (2015) Inc. today announce changes to the investment teams affecting certain Standard Life Mutual Funds (including Corporate Class funds).
On January 30, 2015, the Canadian operations of Standard Life plc (including Standard Life Mutual Funds Ltd. and its mutual fund family) were acquired by Manulife. As a result of the acquisition, Standard Life Investments Inc. was renamed "Manulife Asset Management Accord (2015) Inc." and became a part of Manulife Asset Management (MAM).
The investment objectives and guidelines of these funds are not affected. These changes are effective immediately and include:
- Terry Carr, Head of MAM's Canadian Fixed Income team, will now oversee the extended Canadian fixed income team. As such, he and his team will be responsible for the management of funds that include Standard Life Canadian Bond Fund, Standard Life Canadian Bond Class, Standard Life Short Term Bond Fund and Standard Life Tactical Bond Fund. The team will also be responsible for management of the fixed income portion of various balanced funds including Standard Life Balanced Fund. Mr. Carr's team consists of 10 portfolio managers and four analysts, and manages a wide range of fixed income strategies.
- Manulife Asset Management (US) LLC and Manulife Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited have been appointed as sub-advisers for the Standard Life Global Bond Fund. Daniel Janis and Thomas Goggins of Manulife Asset Management (US) LLC and Kisoo Park of Manulife Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited will assume the management of Standard Life Global Bond Fund.
- Edward (Ted) Whitehead, Senior Portfolio Manager and lead of the MAM Canadian Small Cap Equity Team and Luciano Orengo, Portfolio Manager, will now assume the additional responsibility of managing Standard Life Canadian Small Cap Fund and Standard Life Canadian Small Cap Class.
- Steve Belisle and Marie-Eve Savard, both Portfolio Managers with MAM, will from this point co-manage funds that include Standard Life Canadian Dividend Growth Fund, Standard Life Canadian Dividend Growth Class, Standard Life Dividend Income Fund, Standard Life Dividend Income Class as well as the equity portion of Standard Life Tactical Income Fund.
- Monika Skiba, Senior Portfolio Manager, MAM, and head of the Canadian Fundamental Equity team, will now chair the Canadian Asset Mix Committee comprised of Susan Da Sie, Terry Carr and Glen Martin. Mr. Martin will be responsible for the implementation of asset mix decisions made by the Committee on funds that include Standard Life Balanced Fund, Standard Life Diversified Income Fund, Standard Life Monthly Income Fund, Standard Life Monthly Income Class and Standard Life Tactical Income Fund.
- Manulife Asset Management (US) LLC has been appointed as sub-adviser to the Portrait Portfolio funds. Glen Martin, Senior Portfolio Manager, Portfolio Solutions Group, MAM, will assume management of asset allocation for the Portrait Portfolios and he will be joined by Robert Boyda and Steven E. Medina of Manulife Asset Management (US) LLC while Cordell Tanny continues to be responsible for fund selection and due diligence for these portfolios. The Portrait Portfolios comprise the following funds: Standard Life Conservative Portfolio, Standard Life Moderate Portfolio, Standard Life Growth Portfolio, Standard Life Dividend Growth & Income Portfolio, Standard Life Aggressive Portfolio, Standard Life Global Portfolio, Standard Life Conservative Portfolio Class, Standard Life Moderate Portfolio Class, Standard Life Growth Portfolio Class, Standard Life Dividend Growth & Income Portfolio Class, Standard Life Aggressive Portfolio Class and Standard Life Global Portfolio Class.
Furthermore and as previously approved at special meetings of securityholders of the Standard Life Mutual Funds, effective on or about July 1, 2015, Standard Life Mutual Funds Ltd. and Manulife Asset Management Accord (2015) Inc. will be amalgamated with Manulife Asset Management Limited. Manulife Asset Management Limited will be, effective as of such date, the investment fund manager of the Standard Life Mutual Funds.
About Standard Life Mutual Funds
Standard Life Mutual Funds Ltd. was established in 2000 in Canada. It offers to advisors and individual investors some 57 mutual funds and fund-of-funds and one pooled fund with varying investment styles across major asset classes. As of March 31, 2015, SLMF had C$7.0 billion of assets under management.
About Manulife Asset Management
Manulife Asset Management is the global asset management arm of Manulife, providing comprehensive asset management solutions for investors. This investment expertise extends across a broad range of public and private asset classes, as well as asset allocation solutions. As at March 31, 2015, assets under management for Manulife Asset Management were approximately C$383 billion (US$302 billion).
Manulife Asset Management's public markets units have investment expertise across a broad range of asset classes including public equity and fixed income, and asset allocation strategies. Offices with full investment capabilities are located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, and the Philippines. In addition, Manulife Asset Management has a joint venture asset management business in China, Manulife TEDA. The public markets units of Manulife Asset Management also provide investment management services to affiliates' retail clients through product offerings of Manulife and John Hancock. John Hancock Asset Management and Declaration Management and Research are units of Manulife Asset Management.
Additional information about Manulife Asset Management may be found at ManulifeAM.com.
SOURCE Standard Life Mutual Funds Ltd.
For further information:
514-499-7999 or 1-877-499-9555, ext. 8150