LAVAL, QC, June 20, 2018 /CNW/ - On June 11, 2018, the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) held a Change of Command Ceremony in the Quebec Region. This occasion marked the change in command from the outgoing Regional Deputy Commissioner (RDC), Alain Tousignant, to the incoming RDC, Alessandria Page.
The ceremony reinforces the responsibility of leadership in the role of Regional Deputy Commissioner. It represents the symbolic passing of responsibility, authority, and accountability from one correctional leader to another.
This ceremony is an important tradition for CSC. It reaffirms the incoming leader's pledge to support CSC's mission and contribute to the safety and security of the public, employees and offenders.
- In the Region of Quebec there are 10 Penitentiaries, 17 Parole Offices and 6 Community Correctional Centres.
- These are multi-level units that can accommodate up to 5600 offenders, both in penitentiaries and in the community.
- CSC employs approximately 3250 staff in the Region of Quebec.
- Alessandria Page, new Regional Deputy Commissioner since December 2017, began her career with Correctional Service of Canada in 1994. Since 1998, she has held a variety of managerial positions within the organization, notably that of Unit Manager, Assistant Warden Correctional Programs, Assistant Warden Interventions and Deputy Warden.
- Over the past 24 years, Ms. Page has shared her expertise and experience through her involvement in a variety of regional and national projects and working groups. She is a Crisis Management and a Values and Ethics trainer for CSC. In 2012, she was the recipient of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee medal for significant contribution to Canada.
"I fully accept responsibility for the Region of Québec and those I command and support. I further promise to uphold and respect the core values, regulations and policies of the Correctional Service of Canada and the Federal Public Service. I take responsibility for the care, custody and control of all inmates in the Region; the Management, organization, safety and security of the Region; and maintaining a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for all staff members, visitors and inmates."
Alessandria Page, Regional Deputy Commissioner, Region of Quebec, Correctional Service of Canada
For more information, please visit the website www.csc-scc.gc.ca.
SOURCE Correctional Services Canada - Quebec
For further information: Media Relations - Region of Quebec, [email protected], 450-972-7660