LONGUEUIL, QC, Nov. 25, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ -The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI) wishes to inform road users that the A-15 will be completely closed during two nights:
- COMPLETE CLOSURE of the A-15 South from Friday November 28 to Saturday November 29, from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. (inclusion in MTQ's closure). One out of two lanes will also be closed on the A-15 North from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- COMPLETE CLOSURE of the A-15 North from Saturday November 29 to Sunday November 30, from 11:59 p.m. to 7 a.m. One out of two lanes will be closed on the A-15 South from 11:59 p.m. to 7 a.m and also the Exit 60 of A15 South towards A-Bonaventure from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
These major closures will allow crews to get the Main Viaduct replacement worksite ready for winter including some modifications in the lanes configuration which will be larger. The viaduct is located on the A-15 at the exit of the île des Sœurs Bypass Bridge in Montreal. Work on the viaduct will resume next spring.
This video will provide more information about this large-scale worksite implemented in two phases.
These closures were planned alongside the Ministère des transports du Québec (MTQ) who will also be carrying out work on the A-15 on Friday night. This collaboration between the MTQ and the PJCCI will allow both parties to get the most out of the major closures.
Traffic will be very heavy and the JCCBI asks that road users avoid this sector.
Detour roads will be set up during this period.
Complete closure of the A-15 South
MTQ complete closure at Turcot Interchange (for more information)
- MTQ detour via A-720 East, Bonaventure Expressway towards Champlain Bridge, and A-15 South
PJCCI closure of A-15 South Atwater entrance
- Detour via Lasalle Boulevard, Wellington, De l'Église, Gaétan Laberge, and entrance to the A-15 South
Complete closure of the A-15 North
Complete closure at Exit 60 in Montreal
- Detour via Exit 60 on the A-15 North, Bonaventure Expressway towards downtown Montreal, Exit 1 on Bonaventure Expressway, Wellington Street, Peel Street, St. Antoine Street, and Lucien-L'allier entrance to the A-720 West, A-720 West, and A-15 North
Closure of Exit 60 of the A-15 South in Montreal
- Detour via Exit 57-N, île des Sœurs, Chemin de la Pointe Nord and the access ramp to A-Bonaventure.
Please note that these closures could be postponed if poor weather conditions are scheduled for the weekend. On Friday at 3:30 p.m., we will post an update on our blog at champlainbridge.ca confirming if the works will indeed take place.
SOURCE: The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated
For further information: Jean-Vincent Lacroix, Director, Communications, The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (PJCCI), Office: 450 651-8771, ext. 232, Cell: 514 249-1940, [email protected]; Anne-Marie Braconnier, Advisor, Communications, The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (PJCCI), Office: 450 651-8771, ext. 465, Cell: 514 292-4493, [email protected]