Fellows recognized for their outstanding professional and community contributions
TORONTO, Oct. 29, 2012 /CNW/ - Certified Management Accountants of Ontario is proud to announce the appointment of five new Fellows to The Society of Certified Management Accountants of Canada (FCMA).
The FCMA designation is a prestigious, national honourary designation awarded to Certified Management Accountants (CMA) who, through their outstanding achievements including community leadership, bring distinction to the management accounting profession and serve as a role model to others.
The 2012 Fellows are:
- Richard MacNeill, FCMA of Ottawa, Ontario. Mr. MacNeill is the Co-Founder and President of OTUS group. He is recognized for his contributions at the District, Provincial and National levels since earning the CMA designation more than 20 years ago, including serving as Eastern Ontario District Chair, Vancouver Chapter Chair and on the Boards of both CMA British Columbia and CMA Ontario. He currently serves his community through his volunteer work as Board member and Treasurer of Sequoia Community Church and as the former Treasurer and Board member of the Canadian National Baptist Convention Foundation.
- David McLaren, FCMA of Georgetown, Ontario. Mr. McLaren is the Chief Financial Officer of Redpath Sugar Ltd. He is recognized for his leadership in promoting the CMA brand and ethics in both business and the community, including serving as a member of the CMA Ontario Steering Committee devoted to helping CMAs who aspire to become CFOs. Mr. McLaren is also actively involved with the financial community, as the Redpath lead for the Toronto Board of Trade and volunteering on the Financial Executives International (FEI) Career Committee.
- Susan Moellers, FCMA of Toronto, Ontario. Ms. Moellers is the Global Human Resources Communications Comptroller at Scotiabank. She is recognized for her strong ongoing commitment to the CMA designation, including serving as a CMA Ontario Board member in a variety of roles since 2008 and mentoring CMAs at Scotiabank and recent graduates of McMaster and Queen's Universities. Ms. Moellers has a long history of community service and is involved in fundraising for organizations such as Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, Ride for Sight and United Way.
- Ian Hugh Panton, FCMA of Kingsville, Ontario. Mr. Panton's career in Management Accounting spanned 38 years; the last 12 were served as Controller of Parker Hannifin's Motion & Control Sales Division before retiring in 2002. He is recognized for his significant contributions to CMA Ontario, through his voluntary service at the Chapter level (London and Halton), as well as providing presentations and guidance to inspiring CMA students. Mr. Panton is one of the key founders and Treasurer of the Leamington Area Ecumenical Refugee Committee and received a Paul Harris Fellow by The Rotary Foundation, in recognition of his contributions to humanitarian causes and the community.
- Suzan Unitt, FCMA of Ottawa, Ontario. Ms. Unitt is the Chief Financial Officer and General Manager for Erskine Dredge and Associates Architect Inc. She is recognized for being a strong promoter of CMA Ontario since achieving her CMA designation in 1998, including serving on the CMA Ontario Review Committee, mentor in the CMA Mentorship Program and Board member and Chair of the Ottawa Chapter. Ms. Unitt is also an active volunteer in the community through her role as Board member and Strategic Planning Committee member for the Causeway Work Centre.
Experienced in the "three pillars" of the profession - accounting, management and strategy - CMAs are strategic and financial management professionals who contribute to the bottom line success of organizations by understanding all areas of business.
The FCMA designation demonstrates excellence in management accounting, commitment and pride to CMA Ontario, and active involvement in improving the well-being of their respective communities that brings respect to the member and the management accounting profession. FCMAs are nominated by their peers, who have recognized their exemplary qualities and contributions.
About CMA Ontario
Certified Management Accountants of Ontario is a self-governing professional organization that awards the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation to qualified candidates in Ontario. With 25,000 members, CMA Ontario is an integral part of a profession that is 50,000 members strong across Canada and around the world. CMA Ontario maintains rigorous standards of accreditation and professionalism in management accounting to protect the public interest.
Earlier this year, CMA Ontario was granted status by the Public Accountants Council of Ontario (PAC) as an Authorized Designated Body to license and govern Certified Management Accountants to practise public accounting.
Note to editors: More information and photographs are available for each FCMA.
SOURCE: Certified Management Accountants of Ontario
For further information:
Senior Manager, Communications
Direct: (416) 204-3141
Cell: (416) 722-3900