Get superior service and a complete payroll solution all in one place
MARKHAM, ON, April 5, 2012 /CNW/ - Ceridian Canada announces the launch of Ceridian Powerpay Plus, an enhanced, web-based payroll solution designed to meet the complex pay and workforce management needs of mid-sized businesses.
With payroll staff of mid-sized businesses (30-300 employees) spending an average of 605 hours a year on payroll related administrative tasks, Powerpay Plus can reduce that amount of time by up to 40%, thereby freeing up opportunities to pursue business development, employee engagement and overall company growth.
Designed to relieve payroll administrators from the complexities associated with payroll systems, Powerpay Plus provides easy, cost effective, compliant payroll processing that can be combined with business intelligence analytics tools to ensure accurate and efficient operational success without headaches.
In addition to existing Powerpay functionalities, Powerpay Plus includes features specifically designed to meet the needs of mid-sized businesses, including:
- Mass compensation, deduction, contribution and organizational updating tools: enabling multiple employee updates to take place in an instant
- Overall ease of application use: including a newly designed, easily navigable user interface
- Choice of mobile application: enabling customers to access and use Powerpay Plus from an iPhone, BlackBerry or Android mobile device
- Configurable security settings: allowing for controlled access to salary and rate information and the ability for administrators to delegate and restrict overall information access so that data entry personnel see only the information they need to do their job
- Optional HR self-service: including Employee and Manager self-service for online paystub display, mobile paystubs, automation of select employee and manager HR transactions
- Optional Workforce Management solutions: giving customers the ability to add (starting in June 2012) Business Intelligence analytics reporting capabilities to their packaged solution, allowing for comprehensive insight into payroll analytics so they can plan and forecast effectively
"Most businesses want to concentrate on servicing their customers, developing their staff and growing their business rather than spending the time on payroll and administrative functions," said Shelley Ng, Vice President of Product Management at Ceridian Canada Ltd. "With Powerpay Plus, we're empowering the customer to take more direct control over their payroll processes while alleviating the burdens associated with data and record keeping."
"The development of Powerpay Plus is in direct response to customer demand," added Ng. "To date, over 37,000 small business customers are using the existing version of Powerpay Web - Canada's first web-based payroll service - which solidified the notion for us to expand the solution and product capability for the mid-market."
Given the proven return on investment associated with using Powerpay Web, Powerpay Plus customers will experience a similar return-on-investment.
For instance, Peter Crushing and Hauling Ltd. reduced the amount of time spent processing payroll by 89%, from three hours per pay period to just 20 minutes using Powerpay. With that extra time, the business was able to enhance its customer service and operational efficiencies by expediting turn-around and offering same-day deliveries.
With Powerpay Plus, mid-sized Canadian businesses can better manage their payroll process needs, maintain control and benefit from a proven return on investment.
Ceridian offers people and payment solutions, which result in savings up to 60 per cent for organizations of all sizes. A trusted partner to 42,000 Canadian customers, Ceridian provides a comprehensive range of solutions from payroll services, recruitment and staffing, to EAP, learning & development, and workforce and talent management. Call 1-877-CERIDIAN or visit ceridian.ca.
For further information: