Cortx Service Orchestrator Transforms Network Big Data to Actionable Intelligence
OTTAWA, Jan. 22, 2015 /CNW/ - CENX, a global leader of Service Orchestration solutions for software-defined networks, today announced that it has released a new version of Cortx Service Orchestrator software, delivering unparalleled scale and usability for the world's largest data network operations. The solution harnesses network big data to provide an accurate, real-time view of service providers' networks so that service fulfillment and assurance actions can be taken quickly and reliably.
Cortx Service Orchestrator provides streamlined lifecycle management of revenue-generating data connectivity services that require a high level of service reliability and are delivered over complex networks which span multiple technologies and providers. Orchestrated service deployments include mobile backhaul, cloud data center exchange, enterprise connectivity, and machine-to-machine communications using IP VPNs, MPLS, Carrier Ethernet, Ethernet Over SONET, and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) technologies.
Building on existing market-leading capabilities, new Cortx Service Orchestrator Release 5.1 benefits include:
- Expanded scalability and performance based on a highly distributed, resilient architecture, supporting the ingest and processing of terabytes of network data per day to enable big data scale visualization, analysis, and real-time alarming on millions of network paths
- Innovative network-oriented real-time search capability that allows hundreds of concurrent users to surf network data using intuitive features such as context-based search suggestions
- Enhanced real-time network performance, utilization, and predictive analytics which correlate and compare disparate data sources to accurately measure and manage network capacity
- Configurable policies for automated bandwidth upgrades through Just-In-Time Capacity Management, reducing upgrade intervals and costs while ensuring customer quality of experience
- Ease-of-deployment and integration, for all types of network architectures and topologies, using machine learning to populate a comprehensive Service Information Model and build a complete view of network paths. Model integrity is maintained through a continuous audit of hundreds of thousands of network entities per day.
"We have received an overwhelming response from our customers regarding the ease-of-use of our enhanced Cortx Service Orchestrator interface. The real-time predictive search allows them to rapidly hone in on particular service names, customers, sites, or vendors just by starting to type in the search bar," said Chris Purdy, CTO of CENX. "We are defining the future of Service Orchestration by breaking the traditional OSS functional silo mold and providing an extensible, user-friendly platform founded on next-generation open-source technologies."
"Large Tier1 service providers making the move to NFV are concerned about the impact that will have on their operations," states Caroline Chappell, Principal Analyst, Cloud and NFV, at Heavy Reading. "Lifecycle service orchestration tools that manage networks in real-time and at scale are a necessary precursor to virtualizing network functions."
To learn how Cortx Service Orchestrator enables migration to NFV architectures, join our webinar with Heavy Reading's Caroline Chappell "NFV's Biggest Barrier: Overcoming the Operations Challenge" on February 10th. Or book a meeting with CENX at Mobile World Congress, March 2nd-5th.
CENX provides Service Orchestration solutions that automate the entire lifecycle of advanced data services in software-defined networks. We harness the power of big data, distributed virtualized computing and real-time analytics to dynamically orchestrate and assure services across multiple network technologies and providers. CENX solutions are deployed by service providers worldwide to create new revenue streams, gain service agility, reduce operational costs, and deliver quality-assured data services. www.cenx.com
CENX, Service Orchestration, Cortx Service Orchestrator, M2M, Ethernet services, IP Services, Carrier Ethernet, software-defined networking, SDN, network functions virtualization, NFV, data center, mobile backhaul, big data analytics
Image with caption: "CENX (CNW Group/CENX)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150122_C7921_PHOTO_EN_11418.jpg
For further information: Hannah Whitrow, Zonic Group PR, email@example.com, +44 (0) 1672 550126