Hometown Lineup Features Notable Chefs, Local Flavors, Fresh Seafood
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 9, 2012 /CNW/ - Centerplate, the leading hospitality partner to North America's premier sports, entertainment and convention venues, announced today that the Vancouver Whitecaps FC will kick off their 2012 season with an exciting new stadium menu and hospitality improvements at the newly-revitalized BC Place. From locally sourced seafood to house-smoked meats, to signature flavors from Vancouver celebrity chefs, Centerplate's bold new dishes should rival the exciting soccer action on the field.
"Our menus have been taken to a whole new level by our chef, Ryan Stone," said Michael Baker, Centerplate's General Manager responsible for the stadium. "Chef Stone and our culinary team created menus to complement the exciting new facility. We can't wait for Vancouver Whitecaps fans to enjoy all of the new menu items and service enhancements we've prepared for them."
New signature menu items celebrating local flavors include:
- Steveston's FC – A Fish & Chip dish developed in conjunction with a local seafood company to produce a uniquely crispy and tangy fish & chip. Served with house made kettle chips.
- Vij's – Local celebrity chef and owner of Vij's Indian restaurant, Vikram Vij, produces his own curries and Centerplate is the first and only hospitality provider serving his curries outside his restaurants.
- Montreal Smoked Meat – House-smoked and slow cooked briskets for 14 hours with mesquite charcoal and special house blend of coriander, white pepper, black pepper and other spices. Served with beer mustard made in-house.
- Pacific Panini – Fresh Panini sandwiches made with premium ingredients including; free range chicken breast, Quebec brie cheese, roast prime rib, prosciutto and heirloom tomatoes.
- D-Original Hot Dog – An upscale hot dog made by local charcuterie master, Drews Driessen, available in suites and club lounges. It has no preservatives, binders or fillers, and is made with a natural casing served on an Artisan sesame bun with house-made ketchup and mustard.
Also for this season, Centerplate will be featuring two culinary teams, located on Level 2 inside BC Place, who will be representing Canada at the Culinary Olympics in Germany in October 2012. In the suites, Centerplate will have four local guest chefs who will collaborate with Centerplate's culinary team to create seasonally inspired dishes.
To increase service speed and fan convenience, BC Place has added new digital video menu boards to each hospitality location. And to further highlight local, Vancouver flavors, Centerplate will feature a Guest Chef Series in the Guest Suites and Media Areas. The guest chef series will highlight dishes inspired by local chefs, which incorporate seasonal, local products when available.
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." in over 250 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America – annually serving over 100 million guests. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 15 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 20 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. The company was recently named the fastest growing hospitality group in the country by Nation's Restaurant News. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com or on Facebook.
About BC Place
BC Place is the largest sports, exhibition and entertainment venue of its kind in British Columbia, hosting the province's most notable events including the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games.
An all-new BC Place reopened in September 2011 after completing a major revitalization that included the installation of the largest cable-supported retractable roof of its kind in the world.
Today, BC Place is home to the Vancouver Whitecaps FC MLS franchise, the BC Lions Football Club and the BC Sports Hall of Fame. BC Place is an important generator of economic activity in British Columbia, hosting world-class entertainment events, professional and amateur sport, community gatherings and exhibitions. For more information, please visit www.bcplace.com
For further information:
Centerplate, BC Place, Trevor Pancoust, +1-604-646-3567, [email protected]