TORONTO, April 21, 2015 /CNW/ - Celestica Inc. (NYSE,TSX: CLS), a global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions, today announced the availability of its 2014 Sustainability Report, outlining the company's commitment to sustainability and its recent environmental and social achievements. To view the full report, click here.
Celestica's 2014 Sustainability Report highlights the company's sustainability strategy and key activities and milestones for each of its focus areas including employee sustainability, environmental sustainability, material stewardship, sustainable solutions and sustainable communities. Highlights from the 2014 Sustainability Report include:
- Environmental sustainability initiatives that led to improvements since our 2012 baseline year including a 7% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, 28,731 MWh reduction in electricity and the elimination of 13,977 tonnes of CO2 from our operations.
- Material stewardship programs that resulted in 88.1% of waste diverted from landfill in 2014.
- External recognition that included being named to the 2015 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World (Global 100) Index and Canada's Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights, an organization dedicated to encouraging responsible business practices.
- Community giving initiatives that included Celestica's leadership role in providing an energy solution to the Hôpital Albert Schweitzer, a hospital in Haiti that services 350,000 people.
- New programs to drive employees' engagement in our sustainability initiative such as the launch of the Sustainable Workspace community that challenges employees to make changes that are good for the environment and improve their well-being.
- This year's report was prepared at the core level in accordance to the Global Reporting Initiative® G4 Guidelines, a comprehensive and widely-accepted sustainability reporting framework.
"Our 2014 Sustainability Report showcases our achievements and the progress we have made to foster a culture of sustainability at Celestica," said Todd Melendy, Vice President, Sustainability and Compliance, Celestica. "Our success is a testament to the dedication of our employees who are driving Celestica's sustainability strategy and working together as a global team to make a difference with our customers, suppliers and in the communities in which we live and work."
Celestica is dedicated to delivering end-to-end product lifecycle solutions to drive our customers' success. Through our simplified global operations network and information technology platform, we are solid partners who deliver informed, flexible solutions that enable our customers to succeed in the markets they serve. Committed to providing a truly differentiated customer experience, our agile and adaptive employees share a proud history of demonstrated expertise and creativity that provides our customers with the ability to overcome complex challenges.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The report hyperlinked to this news release contains forward-looking statements related to our sustainability initiatives and financial and operational priorities including, but not limited to, goals, targets and future plans. Such forward-looking statements may, without limitation, be preceded by, followed by, or include words such as "believes", "expects", "anticipates", "estimates", "intends", "plans", "continues", "project", "potential", "possible", "contemplate", "seek", or similar expressions, or may employ such future or conditional verbs as "may", "might", "will", "could", "should" or "would", or may otherwise be indicated as forward-looking statements by grammatical construction, phrasing or context. For those statements, we claim the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements contained in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities laws.
Forward-looking statements are provided for the purpose of assisting readers in understanding management's current expectations and plans regarding our sustainability initiatives and objectives and financial and operational priorities. Readers are cautioned that such information is not appropriate for other purposes. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to risks that could cause actual results to differ materially from conclusions, goals, targets, forecasts or projections expressed in such statements, including, among others, risks related to employee, stakeholder, customer, supplier and NGO engagement and commitment to these initiatives, the cost of implementing these initiatives and the impact of changing legislation and social goals on sustainability initiatives generally, and risks related to our operational and financial performance as discussed in our public filings at www.sedar.com and www.sec.gov, including in our MD&A, our Annual Report on Form 20-F and subsequent reports on Form 6-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and our Annual Information Form filed with the Canadian Securities Administrators.
SOURCE Celestica Inc.