New Asian Media Company Unveils Management Team and Board of Directors
HONG KONG, Jan. 10, 2012 /CNW/ - Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE), the Asian media company launched last month by Celestial Pictures Limited, Saban Capital Group and Lionsgate, unveiled today its senior management team, led by industry veteran Todd Miller, who will serve as President and Chief Operating Officer. CTE also announced the members of its Board of Directors.
Miller brings over two decades of management and media experience to CTE and will lead the company and drive its core businesses of branded pay-TV channels, content creation and content distribution across Asia and beyond. He joins CTE following a 17-year stint in Asia at Sony Pictures Television where he served most recently as Executive Vice President, Networks, Asia-Pacific.
While at Sony, Miller oversaw and managed a diverse portfolio of more than 25 of Sony's television networks and channel investments across the region. In addition to branded pay-TV channels, Miller also led Sony's licensing and local production businesses in the region as Managing Director, Asia, including oversight of Sony's pioneering digital content distribution business as well as its Sino-American TV production joint venture.
The senior management team reporting to Miller and based at the company's Hong Kong headquarters is comprised of highly seasoned media executives with experience stretching from Hollywood to Asia. It includes:
- Ed Stansfield, Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President, Business Development, will oversee the company's financial planning and management and direct its business development initiatives. Stansfield, who is relocating from the United States, created and operated two successful Video On Demand TV networks carried across North America;
- Ofanny Choi, who has been promoted to Executive Vice President, TV Networks, will lead all aspects of CTE's channels business including programming, acquisitions, marketing, operations and distribution. Choi has been managing and operating Chinese channels for over 20 years at both Celestial Pictures and Star TV;
- Wendy Reeds, Executive Vice President, Content Sales and Distribution, will spearhead all CTE content licensing activities worldwide as well as the sales and distribution of Lionsgate's new film and TV releases and library content in Southeast Asia and China. Reeds previously led Lionsgate's international home entertainment sales division;
- Andy Chang, Senior Vice President, Marketing, will oversee marketing and corporate branding for CTE and will report to Choi on channel marketing activities. Chang oversaw worldwide marketing at Celestial Pictures, Asia marketing at Sony Pictures Television and international marketing at MGM Worldwide Television Distribution; and
- Jef Lim, Head of Programming and Production, will run CTE's local production business while reporting to Choi on channel programming activities. Lim previously headed content development and production for Mark Burnett Production Asia.
In addition to the senior management team, the company also announced the structure of its channel distribution team. Keith Mak, Director, TV Networks Distribution, will primarily oversee China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Indonesia while Sorel Roget, Director, TV Networks Distribution, will primarily oversee Singapore, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
"Todd's experience, achievements and relationships in Asia and beyond is exactly the leadership we are looking for to help realize our goals for Celestial Tiger Entertainment," said Adam Chesnoff, President and Chief Operating Officer of Saban Capital Group and Chairman of the Board of Directors of CTE. "We have great confidence that the management team we assembled will build a high-growth business with Celestial Tiger Entertainment's complementary and vertically integrated businesses of branded pay-TV channels, content creation and content distribution across Asia."
Miller said, "Celestial Tiger Entertainment is uniquely positioned as Asia's largest regional pay TV broadcaster dedicated to Asian entertainment. I am honored to work with this highly capable team in creating and distributing distinctive channels and content for audiences in the world's largest pay-TV market."
CTE also announced the appointment of its Board of Directors with representatives from Saban Capital Group, Celestial Pictures and Lionsgate. Besides Chairman Adam Chesnoff, the Board of Directors include Jon Feltheimer, Co-Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Lionsgate; Sumeet Jaisinghani, Director, Saban Capital Group; Ralph Marshall, Executive Deputy Chairman and Group Chief Executive Officer, Astro Holdings Sdn Bhd; Ross Pollack, Chief Executive Officer, Celestial Pictures Limited; and Niveen Tadros, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Saban Capital Group.
In addition, the company announced today that founding partner and Chief Executive Officer of Tiger Gate Entertainment, William Pfeiffer, will assume a senior advisory role to the management team of CTE.
Chesnoff added, "We would like to thank William for his efforts and contributions. We look forward to benefiting from his entrepreneurial vision in his new role and wish him well on his future endeavors."
For enquiries, please contact:
Public Relations Manager
Tel: +852 2626 8131
About Celestial Tiger Entertainment
Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE) is a diversified media company dedicated to entertaining audiences in Asia and beyond. The company focuses on the operation of branded pay television channels, content creation and content distribution targeted at Asian consumers.
CTE operates a powerful bouquet of distinct pay television channels including: Celestial Movies, the most broadly distributed 24-hour Chinese and Asian movies channel in the world; Celestial Classic Movies, the gateway to an unparalleled array of Chinese movie masterpieces; Celestial Movies On Demand, Celestial's subscription video on demand service; KIX, the ultimate in action entertainment; Thrill, Asia's only horror and suspense movie channel; and KIX HD, featuring the best of action with a late-night dose of thrillers in high definition.
As one of Asia's largest vertically integrated entertainment companies, CTE produces original content which complements its channels business. CTE is also the exclusive sales agent of content in all media in Southeast Asia and China from independent Hollywood studio Lionsgate.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, CTE is a joint venture among Saban Capital Group, a leading private investment firm specializing in the media, entertainment and communications industries; Celestial Pictures, a major Asian entertainment company wholly-owned by Astro, the owner and operator of the leading DTH platform in Malaysia; and Lionsgate, the world's largest independent filmed entertainment studio.
For more information, please visit www.celestialtiger.com.
SOURCE Celestial Tiger Entertainment
For further information: