BLUE MOUNTAINS, ON, Nov. 14, 2014 /CNW/ - Ontario's best in travel journalism and tourism marketing were celebrated at the annual Ontario Tourism Awards Gala on Thursday, November 13, 2014 in The Blue Mountains, Ontario.
The Ontario Tourism Awards are a celebration of excellence and an opportunity to recognize those who have made a significant contribution to the tourism industry. The Travel Journalism Awards of Excellence and the Marketing Awards of Excellence are presented by the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation (OTMPC).
The Travel Journalism Awards of Excellence recognize outstanding achievement in three categories including travel journalism, photography and blogs, and the impact that exciting stories and vibrant images have on encouraging visitors to travel to Ontario.
The Marketing Awards of Excellence recognize significant achievements in promoting the tourism industry. Five categories recognize the best in advertising, marketing, promotion and partnerships. The Awards celebrate significant achievements in showcasing Ontario's tourism industry through powerful partnerships, impactful collateral, inspiring interactive marketing and strategic campaigns.
The winners for 2014 are:
Travel Journalism Awards of Excellence
Travel Media Award: Adam Bisby
Travel Photography Award: Peter McNeice
Travel Blog Award: Colin Field
Marketing Awards of Excellence
Tourism Printed Collateral Material Award: Tourism Toronto
Tourism Marketing Initiative Under $25,000: Regional Tourism Organization 8 – Kawarthas Northumberland and Agency Next Door
Tourism Interactive Marketing Award: CN Tower
Tourism Marketing Partnership Award: Ontario Parks
Tourism Advertising Award: 1000 Islands Accommodation Partners
For more information on each Award category and the winners' achievements please see the backgrounder.
OTMPC would like to congratulate all of the 2014 winners who have demonstrated a commitment to making Ontario's tourism industry more vibrant and strong.
"A big congratulations to the winners of the marketing and travel journalism categories of the Ontario Tourism Awards. Thanks to their hard work, Ontarians and visitors alike are inspired to discover and experience everything our beautiful province has to offer."
- Michael Coteau, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
"Travel media and tourism marketers play an important role in showcasing Ontario's offerings to both Ontarians and international visitors. The Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation is pleased to celebrate the achievements of the 2014 winners who have demonstrated excellence in showcasing Ontario as a preferred global tourism destination."
- Jim Marchbank, Chair, Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation
- Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation is an agency of the Government of Ontario with a vision to position Ontario as a preferred global destination.
- Tourism is an important economic driver. 2012 figures indicate that tourism supported over 347,000 jobs and generated $28 billion for Ontario's economy.
- In addition to the Travel Journalism Awards of Excellence and the Marketing Awards of Excellence, the Culinary Tourism Awards of Excellence and the Tourism Industry Awards of Excellence are also part of the Ontario Tourism Awards.
- The presentation of the Ontario Tourism Awards is a joint partnership by the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario, the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation, and the Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance.
- Learn more about OTMPC, its programs and partnership opportunities.
- Discover more about Ontario activities and destinations.
If you do not wish to receive electronic messages regarding OTMPC news, please e-mail [email protected]indicating "unsubscribe".
SOURCE: Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation
For further information: Lydia McCourt, Corporate Communications Manager, OTMPC, 416-314-6590, [email protected], 10 Dundas Street East, Suite 900, Toronto, Ontario M7A 2A1