OTTAWA, Sept. 22, 2015 /CNW/ - The harvest season is taking the spotlight during Savour Fall at Rideau Hall, an event hosted by Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston on Saturday, September 26, 2015, from 12:30 p.m. to
This celebration is an opportunity to appreciate and enjoy the simple pleasures of fall. The event will take place rain or shine. All activities will be free of charge for the entire family to enjoy:
- Taste culinary delights created by
- Executive Chef Louis Charest and the Rideau Hall kitchen brigade;
- Executive Chef Russell Weir, of Algonquin College, and the Canadian Culinary Federation;
- Executive Chef John Morris, National Arts Centre;
- Executive Chef Judson Simpson, Parliament Hill;
- Executive Chef Kenton Leier, of Westin Ottawa, and
Les Toques Blanches Ottawa; and
- Culinary students from Algonquin College, La Cité collégiale, and
the Centre professionnel et technique Minto.
- Explore the private gardens and the greenhouses, and get gardening tips from National Capital Commission horticultural experts.
- Tour the residence's State rooms and get tips from the Governor General's hospitality team on how to receive guests for special occasions.
- Meet with producers and agricultural groups, and taste samples of their products:
Main Farmers' Market, and Ottawa Farmers' Market.
- Learn more about community involvement and have a giving moment with Causeway–Krackers Katering, Hidden Harvest Ottawa, Operation Come Home–FarmWorks, the Ottawa Food Bank, and Soup Sisters/Broth Brothers.
- Participate in children's activities presented by the Canadian Organic Growers–Growing up Organic, the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, and the Ottawa Children's Garden with Let's Talk Science; enjoy games, face painting and crafts.
- Put on your dancing shoes and enjoy live musical performances.
- Make it a giving moment by bringing non-perishable food items for the Ottawa Food Bank.
Free parking will be available at the National Research Council (100 Sussex Drive, a 10-minute walk from Rideau Hall) on a first-come, first-served basis, and on the streets in the surrounding neighbourhood. Limited parking for mobility-impaired guests will be available on the Rideau Hall grounds via Princess Gate.
Media wishing to cover the event are asked to confirm their attendance with
the Rideau Hall Press Office.
SOURCE Governor General
For further information: Media information: Julie Rocheleau, Rideau Hall Press Office, 613-998-7280, firstname.lastname@example.org; Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter.