WINNIPEG, June 25 /CNW Telbec/ - The Royal Canadian Mint invites family and friends to celebrate Canada Day with fun activities and entertainment for all ages.
Where: Royal Canadian Mint
520 Lagimodière Blvd.
When: July 1, 2010
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Vancouver 2010 Athlete Medals! Visit the medals room to hear how they
were crafted, hold one for your own photo and receive a special
souvenir. This will be the last time to view the medals up close and
hold them before they go back into a display!
- Free self-guided tours! Learn about the fascinating world of coin
- Coin Exchange! Collect the newest $1 circulation coin honouring the
100th Anniversary of the Canadian Navy.
- Scavenger Hunt! Get the whole family involved on the hunt!
- Kids Corner! Participate in games and family entertainment including
face painting, clowns, and inflatable play area.
- BBQ Lunch! Priced to please from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Shop! Browse the Mint's Boutique for great gift ideas and
About the Royal Canadian Mint
Over the past 102 years, the Royal Canadian Mint has emerged as a global leader in minting. A few of its internationally-renowned "firsts" include developing a revolutionary coin-plating process, producing the world's thinnest bi-metallic coin, the purest 99.999% bullion gold coin and first coloured circulation coin in the world.
Established in 1976, the Winnipeg Mint is a high-tech, high-volume manufacturing facility where Canada's circulation coinage is produced, as well as coins for countries around the world. The Ottawa facility, which occupies the same premises on which the Mint was founded, produces hand-crafted collector and commemorative coins, gold bullion coins, medals and medallions. It also houses a gold and silver refinery.
SOURCE Royal Canadian Mint
For further information: For further information: Crystal Hiebert, Communications Officer, Royal Canadian Mint, 204-983-0565, firstname.lastname@example.org