TORONTO, Sept. 27, 2012 /CNW/ - CAW negotiators have reached a new four-year tentative agreement with Chrysler Canada, which follows the same key economic features as the pattern agreements reached earlier with Ford and General Motors.
CAW President Ken Lewenza outlined some key details of the tentative agreement at a media conference tonight at the Sheraton Centre Hotel in Toronto.
"We achieved the entire pattern intact," Lewenza said.
The agreement includes a $3,000 bonus for members after ratification and cost of living lump sum payments of $2,000 in December of each of 2013, 2014, and 2015.
He said the agreement provides protection of current pension benefits for existing workers.
The company agreed to the same 10-year new hire grow-in program included in the Ford and GM agreements with new hires starting at $20.40, which is equal to 60 per cent of the current base rate and grow in to full compensation after 10 years.
CAW members at Ford voted 82 per cent in favour of their agreement at ratification meetings September 22 and 23. CAW members who work at General Motors started voting on their tentative agreement at ratification meetings September 26 with voting to wrap up September 27.
Chrysler workers will vote on the tentative agreement at ratification meetings in Brampton, Etobicoke and Windsor, Ontario on September 29 and 30.
Here is a list of ratification dates, times and locations:
Saturday, September 29:
- CAW Local 195, (7 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.), CAW Local 195 Hall, 3400 Somme Avenue, Windsor;
- CAW Local 1459, (11 a.m.), Oasis Convention Centre, Rooms A & B, 1036 Lakeshore Road East, Mississauga.
Sunday, September 30:
- CAW Local 444, (9:30 a.m.), (production followed by skilled trades) Caesars Windsor Hotel and Casino, 377 Riverside Drive East, Windsor;
- CAW Local 1498, (10 a.m.), CAW Local 444 Hall, 1855 Turner Road, Windsor;
- CAW Local 1285, (office unit) (9 a.m.), CAW Local 1285 Hall, 23 Regan Road, Brampton;
- CAW Local 1285, (12 p.m. skilled trades), (2 p.m. production), International Centre, Hall 4A, 6900 Airport Road, Mississauga.
SOURCE: Canadian Auto Workers Union (CAW)
For further information:
CAW Communications Shannon Devine (cell) 416-302-1699