- CTV delivers the Top 4 A25-54 programs Monday night, and leads every hour of primetime -
- THE BIG BANG THEORY is the #1 program Monday night with 2.64 million viewers -
- GOTHAM wins 8 p.m. timeslot for a second week with 2 million viewers -
- In its regular 9 p.m. timeslot, 1.2 million viewers watch FOREVER -
- Playback + 7 data sees GOTHAM premiere rise to 3.3 million viewers -
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1mN2eBe
TORONTO, Sept. 30, 2014 /CNW/ - CTV Mondays got even stronger last night when fan-favourite CASTLE returned for its seventh season with a series-high audience of 2.58 million viewers, preliminary overnight data from Numeris (BBM Canada) confirms. The winning Monday for CTV saw the network lead in every hour of primetime with total viewers and in the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos, and also claim the Top 3 programs of the night with total viewers and among all key demos, as well as the Top 4 programs of the night with A25-54. Led by the #1 program of the night, THE BIG BANG THEORY, with 2.64 million viewers, CTV also saw new series GOTHAM remain strong with 2.01 million viewers, winning its 8 p.m. timeslot, while FOREVER won its regular 9 p.m. timeslot with 1.21 million viewers.
**Media Note** Photography from Monday night programming is available online at BellMediaPR.ca
With preliminary Playback + 7 data from last Monday's (Sept. 22) premieres, CTV series all saw audience boosts, led by the premiere of THE BIG BANG THEORY rising to 3.8 million viewers (from 3.2 million), with the second episode increasing to 4.1 million (from 3.5 million). GOTHAM's series premiere rose to 3.3 million viewers (from 2.4 million), while FOREVER's series premiere climbed to 2.3 million (from 1.8 million).
A closer look at Monday, according to Numeris (BBM Canada) preliminary data:
- CASTLE nearly doubled the audience of THE BLACKLIST (1.4 million; Global/NBC) with total viewers, and also led in the key A18-34 (+66%), A18-49 (+81%), and A25-54 (+90%) demos.
- At 8 p.m., GOTHAM ranked #2 for the night in all key demos and was the third most-watched program of the night with total viewers, delivering 45% more viewers than the premiere of NCIS: LOS ANGELES (1.4 million; Global/CBS).
- Up 6% with A18-49 and 15% with A25-54 from its episode last Tuesday, FOREVER won its regular 9 p.m. timeslot with 43% more viewers than SLEEPY HOLLOW (845,000; Global/FOX), and 9% more viewers than SCORPION (1.1 million; City/CBS).
Tonight on CTV and CTV GO features new episodes of MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. at 9 p.m. ET/PT and PERSON OF INTEREST at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Also, THE VOICE continues with blind auditions at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV Two.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada). Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters. Overnight vs. overnight except where noted. Program audiences for September 22, 2014 based on preliminary data with playback + 7 days.
For further information: