TORONTO, June 5, 2013 /CNW/ - Up to 20 Major League Baseball players are reportedly under review and face possible suspension for performance enhancing drug use. This scandal could lead to the largest group punishment in sports since the Chicago "Black Sox" bet on the 1919 World Series - this latest news could lead to Players Association appeals, civil lawsuits, and teams trying to void player contracts.
David Goldstein, sports lawyer at Cassels Brock & Blackwell, has been a go-to source for legal commentary on all of the most recent sports scandals. Recent media appearances include:
- NewsTalk770 - discussing the wrongful death suit filed by Derek Boogaard's family against the NHL
- FAN590 - discussing the scandal involving Rutgers basketball coach Mike Rice
- FAN590 - discussing the potential voiding of Alex Rodriquez' contract due to allegations of the use of performance enhancing drugs
- Global News - discussing Lance Armstrong's confession to drug use
- FAN590 - discussing Nike's termination of Lance Armstrong's contract
David is available for media interviews and appearances regarding this latest scandal in the MLB. Interested parties should contact David Goldstein at 416.860.6479/[email protected].
SOURCE: Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
For further information:
Interested parties should contact David Goldstein at 416.860.6479/[email protected]