Over 50,000 car2go Montreal members will have access to new Mercedes-Benz CLAs and GLAs
that offer more space to travel in style, safety, and comfort
MONTREAL, Aug. 8, 2017 /CNW/ - car2go, the largest, fastest-growing one-way carsharing service in the world, announced that starting Thursday, August 10, its 50,000-plus Montreal members can start driving new all-wheel drive Mercedes-Benz CLA and GLA four-door five passenger vehicles.
The first of over 100 new Mercedes-Benz CLA and GLA vehicles make their debut on the streets of Montreal Thursday, August 10, and are ready to take Montrealers in style, safety and comfort out to dinner, allow for a fun day out with family at La Ronde, or visit Quebec City.
"The addition of great new Mercedes-Benz car2gos is a response to member demand," said Jeremi Lavoie, General Manager for car2go Montreal. "These new vehicles are family-friendly, seat more passengers, come equipped with 4MATIC all-wheel drive that's perfect for the winter months, and also include all of the compelling conveniences, safety features and comforts Mercedes-Benz is known for. car2go members have responded very well in every city where we have added these new vehicles, and we expect to see the same enthusiastic reception among our Montreal members."
The new vehicles deliver a smoother, faster and improved car2go experience, featuring the latest car2go technology via the carshare service's free car2go app. This new technology allows members to locate either a Mercedes-Benz or smart car2go and unlock it in a matter of seconds via their smartphone, just as if they had the keys in the palm of their hand. Members can also choose between Mercedes and smart models and see fuel levels all within the app. car2go Mercedes-Benz vehicles will hit the road at 47 cents a minute while smart fortwo vehicles will be available to drive for 41 cents a minute.
Meet the new car2gos: Mercedes-Benz CLAs, GLAs
car2go's 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA is a fun and sexy 4-door coupe and car2go's 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLA is a sporty, 5-door small SUV with expanded cargo capacity. All 100-plus car2go Montreal CLAs and GLAs come equipped with Mercedes-Benz's award-winning 4MATIC all-wheel drive system for maximum traction in all types of poor and more difficult driving conditions, Adaptive Braking, Blind Spot Assist, a rearview camera, heated seats, and full smartphone integration. Mercedes-Benz car2gos come in three colors: Night Black, Cirrus White, and Polar Silver.
More information on new vehicle features are as follows:
- Rearview camera, providing drivers with a 180-degree view for added confidence when backing-up
- Blind Spot Assist, which warns drivers when another object or vehicle is in their blind spot
- Adaptive Braking, a radar-based technology that can autonomously brake at speeds of up to 105 km/h and alert drivers when approaching a vehicle ahead – including some stationary objects – at a speed and distance that suggest a collision is likely
- Heated Seats, Bluetooth, Navigation, and Panoramic sunroof on select vehicles
- Multiple air-bags and anti-lock braking system
- Full smartphone integration including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- A fuel-efficient turbo 4-cylinder motor that accelerates quickly while still achieving impressive fuel economy: 8.8l/100km for the CLA and 9.1l/100km for the GLA in part though Mercedes-Benz's innovative ECO start/stop system that turns off the engine to prevent fuel consumption while idling at a stop, and re-starts the engine instantly when the driver moves from the brake to the gas pedal
About car2go in Montreal
- car2go launched in Montreal in October, 2013 with 250 smart fortwo vehicles
- In July 2017, Montreal surpassed the 50,000 member mark. Montreal has over 450 vehicles in its fleet, and each car2go in Montreal is shared by about 110 local members
- car2go is adding over 100 Mercedes-Benz vehicles to its Montreal fleet
- Since car2go's launch in Quebec's Metropolis, Montreal members have driven about 10 million kilometers with car2go, enough to road-trip around Earth's circumference nearly 250 times.
Free new member registration for Montreal
For a limited time, car2go is offering Montrealers free registration and drive credit for new car2go members. Download the car2go app or register at car2go.com with the code BENZ to receive free registration plus $10 of drive credit. car2go covers its members insurance, parking, gas and maintenance with no additional fees. Members only pay by the minute for what they use.
About car2go N.A. LLC
car2go N.A., LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation, offers an innovative mobility solution in rapidly growing urban areas via a carsharing network of affordable, eco-friendly Mercedes-Benz and smart vehicles. A flexible and "on demand" mode of transportation, car2go complements existing public transportation by bridging the gaps between the "first and last mile" of a member's commute. Today, car2go's global operation is the largest, fastest-growing carsharing program in the world with more than 2,700,000 registered members and a fleet of nearly 14,000 vehicles in 26 locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Further information on car2go is available at car2go.com and car2go.com/NA/en/press/.
For further information: car2go N.A. Press Contact: Tim Krebs, car2go N.A., LLC, 512-580-0499, [email protected]