Consensus attained on 'fresh breath' as primary holiday kissing concern
TORONTO, Nov. 26, 2013 /CNW/ - As Canadians prepare for the holiday season, Tic Tac has unwrapped the results of a national survey on festive kissing habits that may bring more joy to your world.
So what do Canadians hope to find under the mistletoe during this soirée-filled season? Almost half of respondents (43%) claim to be in search of something naughty, while the other half (57%) prefers something - or someone - nice.
Common ground can be found in hang-ups around the holiday's close encounters: Nearly half (48%) of Canadians cite 'fresh breath' as their primary holiday kissing concern, with 'soft lips' coming in a distant second (21%).
"The holidays are all about reconnecting with people," says Pamela Coolican, Brand Manager for Tic Tac Canada. "It's understandable that Canadians want to keep their encounters fresh - and we can help."
The Ipsos Reid survey on Canadian kissing habits, commissioned by Tic Tac, also found:
- We're opportunists: Two-thirds of Canadians view mistletoe as an opportunity, rather than a threat.
- Half of women (46%) want their kissing partner to boast 'minty fresh' breath, while men prefer 'to be surprised' (35%), followed closely by a partner who's breath is sweet (32%).
- The majority of Canadians (84%) agree that the best way to avoid an awkward holiday kissing encounter is to always be prepared.
Whether it's someone you haven't seen since last year, or an oh-so- strategically timed entrance under the mistletoe, make sure you keep things fresh this holiday. Arm yourself with limited-edition Tic Tac Holiday Twist packs, available in Cinnamon & Fresh Mint if you're looking to spice things up, or Cherry & Apple if you're playing nice (and sweet) this holiday.
Tic Tac Holiday Twist Cinnamon & Fresh Mint and Cherry & Apple (49g, ARP $2.69) are available in all major grocery, drug, convenience and mass retailers for a limited time.
These survey results are findings of an Ipsos ASI poll conducted between September 25-30, 2013 on behalf of Tic Tac. For this survey, a sample of 1,007 Canadians from Ipsos' Canadian online panel were interviewed online.
Image with caption: "Tic Tac wants to help Canadians keep things fresh under the mistletoe this holiday with the release of their limited-edition Holiday Twist packs in Cinnamon & Fresh Mint and Cherry & Apple. (CNW Group/Ferrero Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20131126_C4889_PHOTO_EN_33829.jpg
SOURCE: Ferrero Canada
For further information:
Kitchen Sink Communications