Sears Canada's sale returning in store and online from October 9 - 13
TORONTO, Oct. 9, 2014 /CNW/ - Following a successful inaugural year as the first major retailer to offer such a promotion in 2013, Sears Canada is holding its second annual Canadian Thanksgiving Black Friday Sale. Black Friday, Canadian Edition refers to the promotional sales event that occurs in the days leading up to Canadian Thanksgiving on October 13.
Based on response from customers to the launch last year, it's clear Canadians are looking forward to this new tradition started by Sears Canada.
"Sears Canada was the first major retailer to bring Canadians great promotional offerings in October to accompany this country's Thanksgiving holiday," said Doug Campbell, President and CEO, Sears Canada. "With the broad sales offerings in stores and online, we are thrilled to watch as awareness grows and Canadians get excited about their own Black Friday."
Consistent with the initial sale last year, Sears Canada is offering a variety of substantial savings in stores and online at www.sears.ca, on items including:
- Save 70% on selected women's and men's coats, regular $179.99 and $250.00, now $53.99 and $75.00
- Save 40% on regular priced kids' outerwear, and 30% on regular priced kids' fashions sizes infant to 18
- Save 40% on men's, women's and kids' regular priced boots
- Save 50% on Obusforme synthetic & natural-fill pillows regular $25.99 - $49.99 now $12.99 - $24.99
- Save $1300 on a Nordictrack® treadmill with 0-10% incline and iPod compatible, regular $1799.99 now $499.99
- Save 50% on a Cuisinart® 5.5 quart stand mixer with 12 variable speeds, regular $499.99 now $249.99 after mail in rebate
- Save 75% on a Craftsman 72 piece screwdriver set including a lifetime warranty, regular $79.99 now $19.99
- Save 50% off a Kenmore Simple Care™ kitchen package regular $4799.97 now $2399.97. Package includes a fridge (bottom freezer), dishwasher and (smooth-top convection) range
The Sears Canada Black Friday, Canadian Thanksgiving Edition sale begins October 9 and continues through October 13. See in-store flyer and online at www.sears.ca for more great offers.
About Sears Canada
Sears Canada is a multi-channel retailer with a network that includes 176 corporate stores, 222 Hometown stores, over 1,300 catalogue and online merchandise pick-up locations, 96 Sears Travel offices and a nationwide repair and service network. The Company also publishes Canada's most extensive general merchandise catalogue and offers shopping online at www.sears.ca.
SOURCE: Sears Canada Inc.
For further information:
Contact for Media: Alicia Richler
Sears Canada, Corporate Communications