Video: Canada Day 2015 – Canadian Tire Rallies the Country to #FlyYourCdnFlag
TORONTO, June 29, 2015 /CNW/ - Today Canadian Tire launched an adventurous Canada Day video that takes the red and white flag to new heights. Watch as of one proud Canadian climbs the ocean side rock wall Flatrock in Quidi Vidi (NFLD), scales the perilous Chief in Squamish (BC) and a construction crane in Toronto (ON) – just to proudly fly our flag for Canada Day.
Check out this new Canadian Tire video as the company encourages people across Canada to proudly share where they fly their flag on Canada Day using the hashtag #FlyYourCdnFlag.
Flag Fast Facts:
- The National Flag of Canada was raised for the first time ever on Parliament Hill on February 15, 1965
- Canada is the only country in the world to have a maple leaf on its flag
- Despite what some may say, there is no special significance to the maple leaf's eleven points
- Dr. George Stanley, a professor at Royal Military College in Kingston (ON), is attributed with designing the flag
- There is an over 50-year waiting list to receive a flag that has flown on Peace Tower
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, (TSX:CTC.A) (TSX:CTC) or "CTC," is a family of businesses that includes a retail segment, a financial services division and CT REIT. Our retail business is led by Canadian Tire, which was founded in 1922 and provides Canadians with products for life in Canada across its Living, Playing, Fixing, Automotive and Seasonal categories. PartSource and Gas+ are key parts of the Canadian Tire network. The retail segment also includes Mark's, a leading source for casual and industrial wear, and FGL Sports (Sport Chek, Hockey Experts, Sports Experts, National Sports, Intersport, Pro Hockey Life and Atmosphere), which offers the best active wear brands. The nearly 1,700 retail and gasoline outlets are supported and strengthened by our Financial Services division and the tens of thousands of people employed across the Company. For more information, visit Corp.CanadianTire.ca.
SOURCE CANADIAN TIRE CORPORATION, LIMITED
Video with caption: "Video: Canada Day 2015 – Canadian Tire Rallies the Country to #FlyYourCdnFlag". Video available at: https://youtu.be/w0BsTWHWnng
For further information: Sarah Van Lange, Canadian Tire Corporation, C: 647-287-9582, E: Sarah.VanLange@cantire.com